• Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum welcomes Dippy the Dinosaur!

From January 22, The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow will be saying a massive hello to Dippy. Sarah-Jayne Forster tells us more: A short history of Dippy In 1898, a near-complete skeleton of a Diplodocus was uncovered in Wyoming. Belon...
  • Glasgow Wildfest 2017: meet the artist!

Our leaflet for Glasgow Wildfest this year was illustrated by the artist Stuart Hatt. He tells us a bit about how he came up with the design. Hi! My Name is Stuart Hatt and I run ‘The Squid & Nib’ – an independent art and illustration...
  • Garden festival countdown: everyone is buzzing

My name is Hannah Grist, and I am a Lifelong Learning Officer based at the South and West Scotland Regional Office in Glasgow.

It is the beginning of September, which means that it is under a week to go until the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2014...

• Here there be dragons

Our guest blogger today is Emily Waddell , Scottish Dragon Finder Trainee at Froglife Common frog - Jacqueline Bradley There can be a surprising amount of amphibian and reptile activity in Scotland’s busiest cities, like Glasgow, you just...
  • Welcome to Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow!

Welcome to the new blog for the Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow project! My name is Fiona Weir, and together with my colleagues here at the RSPB, I’ll be keeping this blog up to date for the next few weeks and months. We’ll let you know...
  • A patch-worked collage of critters

In this blog, artist Josie Vallely explains how she became involved in the 2015 Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival, and how the artwork for the festival leaflet was created. My name is Josie Vallely, and I am an artist and designer based in Glasgow...
  • Why were bees and flowers cycling around Glasgow?

Hi, my name is Claire Bennett and I work for an organisation called Grow Wild, who have been working with RSPB Scotland to provide support and funding for the Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow Project. https://www.growwilduk.com/community-projects/rspb...
  • How to see an albatross in the heart of Glasgow

Project Officer, Sarah-Jayne Forster, tells us about the redevelopment of the West Court in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and how visitors can now find out all about the albatross, its amazing migrations, and the work that's underway to...
  • We live in a big little planet

Sandra Aird, Glasgow Schools Outreach Officer, talks about the education project the RSPB is working on in partnership with ALDI. “We live in a big little planet. We are the ones who have to look after it”. Glasgow Primary Pupil, 7 years...
  • Meet Luca Nasciuti, one of our artists in residence

For the past few months, Luca Nasciuti has been an artist in residence with RSPB Scotland through a project supported by the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities. During his time with us, Luca has been developing a two-part installation called...
  • Helping people connect with nature in Glasgow

Last week, ministers called in a planning application for a piece of urban green space in Glasgow. The plans were for 90 executive flats and houses on a site in north west Glasgow known as North Kelvin Meadow. North Kelvin Meadow and the Children's...
  • The wildlife of Loch Lomond

If you're looking for something to do near Glasgow this summer, then why not take a cruise to the RSPB Scotland reserve at Inversnaid. This Atlantic oak woodland is like something from a Tolkien novel, with ancient trees dripping in mosses and lichens...
  • Launch of the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2018

We dug out our leg warmers, and double denimed to the max today at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, to help launch the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2018 in style! Jenny Tweedie explains: Photo by Louise Greenhorn In 1988, the Glasgow...
  • Download the full leaflet for the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival

Over the next four weekends, there will be dozens of events running at sites all over the city as part of the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2018. This is a celebration, not only of our city's wildlife and green spaces, but we're also marking...
  • The leaflet for Glasgow Wildfest 2016 is here!

Glasgow Wildfest 2016: four weeks of wild fun at venues around the city, with activities for all and loads of opportunities to get involved! We’re very excited to announce the launch of our leaflet for the 2016 Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival...
  • Full schedule for Sunday's bioblitz in Kelvingrove Park!

Let's hope it's as sunny as last year's bioblitz... Pic - Louise Greenhorn It’s the great Glasgow bioblitz this Sunday, and we’re aiming to discover everything that grows, flutters, squawks, squeaks, crawls, runs, flies or swims...
  • Three things you can do to help house sparrows in Glasgow

Male house sparrow, Ray Kennedy (rspb-images.com) You may well have already read about the plight of the humble house sparrow, once a ubiquitous garden bird, but now disappearing from around the country. In fact, since the first RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch...
  • Animal carnival magic in the city

Hi, I'm Laura Moss, the Lifelong Learning Manager for RSPB South West Scotland and Regional Office.

The Glasgow Garden Wildlife Festival is over and the office is very, very quiet – everyone has been taking some well-earned holiday time! Now it...

• Taking action for house sparrows in Glasgow

My name is Kat, and I am the public affairs manager for the RSPB in the south-west of Scotland. We’re going wild for nature in the office this week, with the planning reaching a crescendo for the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival. The programme...
  • Volunteering as a photo journalist with the Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow project

RSPB Scotland volunteer photographer, Louise Greenhorn, gives us an insight into life on the other side of the lens... Being a volunteer photo journalist with Glasgow's Giving Nature a Home team is such a diverse and interesting position to...
  • Team away days for South West Scotland

Hi everyone, my name is Sam Langford and I am the RSPB’s Community Fundraising Officer in South & West Scotland. Last week saw the team head to the Scottish Centre for Ecology and the Natural Environment (SCENE) for our annual Regional Team...
  • Join in with the Duddingston bioblitz!

On Saturday, June 25, we’re holding a bioblitz at Duddingston in Edinburgh. Here are five things you should know... Buff-tailed bumblebee, Grahame Madge (rspb-images.com) What is a bioblitz? The idea of a bioblitz is to collect loads of...
  • Join in with the great Glasgow bioblitz!

Eleanor Bentall (rspb-images.com) This is an open invitation for people right across Glasgow to join in with our bioblitz on Sunday July 26! But let’s start with the basics. What exactly is a bioblitz? A bioblitz is a survey where lots...
  • Get your dose of 'Vitamin G'

As part of our Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow project, RSPB Scotland is offering loads of exciting practical conservation opportunities around the city. These are hands-on sessions where you can get involved in everything from removing invasive plants...
  • Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival Competition!

There’s not long to go until the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2014, and we need your help to spread the word!

If you’re on Twitter, Facebook or other social media, please do tell your friends about the events we’re running, and if you come...