• Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival Programme

The fantastic Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival map and events leaflet has arrived and can now be found in shops, pubs, libraries, cafes and schools across Glasgow. We are all incredibly excited!

Click on the link at the bottom to see an online pdf...

• 3 Sep 2014
  • Welcome to Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow!

Welcome to the new blog for the Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow project! My name is Fiona Weir, and together with my colleagues here at the RSPB, I’ll be keeping this blog up to date for the next few weeks and months. We’ll let you know...
    • 23 Jul 2014
  • Flourishing young minds for a flourishing old city

This year’s Youth Conference will bring together the best young minds at Glasgow Science Centre, as they plan for Glasgow’s environmental future in a series of presentations and hands-on seminars. Volunteer Michaela Barton reports. People...
    • 4 Oct 2018
  • Inspirational youth conference brings the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2018 to a close

RSPB Scotland volunteer Michaela Barton, reports.  On December 11, high school environmentalists gathered at the Glasgow Science Centre to discuss a 30-year plan for Glasgow’s green future. The conference was the culmination of the Glasgo...
    • 5 Dec 2018
  • Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum welcomes Dippy the Dinosaur!

From January 22, The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow will be saying a massive hello to Dippy. Sarah-Jayne Forster tells us more: A short history of Dippy In 1898, a near-complete skeleton of a Diplodocus was uncovered in Wyoming. Belon...
    • 9 Jan 2019
  • An amazing weekend of fun and fungi at the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow

Glasgow will be saying farewell to Dippy the Dinosaur on May 6. He's had a HUGE impact on everyone who's seen him, and it'll be very sad to say goodbye. But before he's off, there's another weekend of wild fun planned, and Dippy will be joined by a g...
    • 23 Apr 2019
  • Glasgow Games Festival 2014

Hello, I'm Sarah-Jayne Forster, the Project Officer for Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow. My job is certainly exciting: last week, myself and some of the rest of the team were "Animal Athletes" at the newly refurbished Kelvingrove Bandstand...
    • 4 Aug 2014
  • Team away days for South West Scotland

Hi everyone, my name is Sam Langford and I am the RSPB’s Community Fundraising Officer in South & West Scotland. Last week saw the team head to the Scottish Centre for Ecology and the Natural Environment (SCENE) for our annual Regional Team...
    • 21 Aug 2014
  • Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival Competition!

There’s not long to go until the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2014, and we need your help to spread the word!

If you’re on Twitter, Facebook or other social media, please do tell your friends about the events we’re running, and if you come...

• 29 Aug 2014
  • Garden festival countdown: everyone is buzzing

My name is Hannah Grist, and I am a Lifelong Learning Officer based at the South and West Scotland Regional Office in Glasgow.

It is the beginning of September, which means that it is under a week to go until the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2014...

• 3 Sep 2014
  • Appl-solutely fabulous day

Hi, my name is Laura, and I'm an RSPB volunteer.

It was my first day volunteering at an event with RSPB Glasgow, and I certainly picked a good day to do it. We were part of the Apple-fest run by the Partick Housing Association as part of the Glasgow...

• 15 Sep 2014
  • Cracking opening to the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival

Hi, my name is Hannah and I am a Lifelong Learning Officer with the Giving Nature a Home Project in Glasgow. I'm taking a few days out of my normal job teaching to take part in some of the fantastic events happening across the city as part of...
    • 15 Sep 2014
  • Why were bees and flowers cycling around Glasgow?

Hi, my name is Claire Bennett and I work for an organisation called Grow Wild, who have been working with RSPB Scotland to provide support and funding for the Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow Project. https://www.growwilduk.com/community-projects/rspb...
    • 13 Oct 2014
  • Animal carnival magic in the city

Hi, I'm Laura Moss, the Lifelong Learning Manager for RSPB South West Scotland and Regional Office.

The Glasgow Garden Wildlife Festival is over and the office is very, very quiet – everyone has been taking some well-earned holiday time! Now it...

• 24 Nov 2014
  • The Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival is back...and bigger than before!

It may look like it's all gone very quiet in Glasgow over the winter, but this is the calm before the storm. We have all been busily planning the next wildlife garden festival, which is returning across Glasgow throughout the whole month of July....
    • 30 May 2015
  • Taking action for house sparrows in Glasgow

My name is Kat, and I am the public affairs manager for the RSPB in the south-west of Scotland. We’re going wild for nature in the office this week, with the planning reaching a crescendo for the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival. The programme...
    • 30 May 2015
  • Volunteering as a photo journalist with the Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow project

RSPB Scotland volunteer photographer, Louise Greenhorn, gives us an insight into life on the other side of the lens... Being a volunteer photo journalist with Glasgow's Giving Nature a Home team is such a diverse and interesting position to...
    • 5 Jun 2015
  • The Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival leaflet for 2015 has arrived

Check out the new leaflet for the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 2015! The festival is a collaborative effort between RSPB Scotland, Glasgow City Council and dozens of other charities and conservation groups, community gardens, allotments, parks...
    • 11 Jun 2015
  • A patch-worked collage of critters

In this blog, artist Josie Vallely explains how she became involved in the 2015 Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival, and how the artwork for the festival leaflet was created. My name is Josie Vallely, and I am an artist and designer based in Glasgow...
    • 17 Jun 2015
  • Working together for Glasgow's wildlife

One of the exciting aspects of the Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival is that it’s brought together a whole range of different organisations. There are loads of groups and individuals across the city working with really quite similar aims, and it’s...
    • 29 Jun 2015
  • Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do...

Today, we have a guest blog from Sandra, one of RSPB Scotland's Lifelong Learning Officers in Glasgow. Andy Hay (rspb-images.com) The rewards of my job are the amazing people - young and older - and the wonders of nature. No two days are...
    • 30 Jun 2015
  • Here there be dragons

Our guest blogger today is Emily Waddell , Scottish Dragon Finder Trainee at Froglife Common frog - Jacqueline Bradley There can be a surprising amount of amphibian and reptile activity in Scotland’s busiest cities, like Glasgow, you just...
    • 7 Jul 2015
  • Join in with the great Glasgow bioblitz!

Eleanor Bentall (rspb-images.com) This is an open invitation for people right across Glasgow to join in with our bioblitz on Sunday July 26! But let’s start with the basics. What exactly is a bioblitz? A bioblitz is a survey where lots...
    • 16 Jul 2015
  • Full schedule for Sunday's bioblitz in Kelvingrove Park!

Let's hope it's as sunny as last year's bioblitz... Pic - Louise Greenhorn It’s the great Glasgow bioblitz this Sunday, and we’re aiming to discover everything that grows, flutters, squawks, squeaks, crawls, runs, flies or swims...
    • 24 Jul 2015
  • Three things you can do to help house sparrows in Glasgow

Male house sparrow, Ray Kennedy (rspb-images.com) You may well have already read about the plight of the humble house sparrow, once a ubiquitous garden bird, but now disappearing from around the country. In fact, since the first RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch...
    • 8 Feb 2016