• It's Time to Dust off the Binoculars and Head to RSPB Titchwell Marsh

Author: Heather Coath, RSPB Titchwell Marsh Volunteer

Recent research carried out by Persil came to the startling conclusion last week that British children are among the most housebound and screen addicted in the world.

This is pretty shocking stuff, and as someone who had the good fortune to enjoy many a wild yomp as a child, it makes me wonder if, as a nation, we have inherently lost our love of nature and the outdoors…

• A Dawn Chorus with a Difference

Author: Rupert Masefield, Communications Officer, Eastern England Regional Office (EERO)

I don’t think I’d be courting controversy by saying that people have a mixed reaction to waking up early in the morning. In my household, this difference in individuals’ circadian rhythms can be the source of friction that threatens our otherwise harmonious coexistence. Some people, I have learned, don’t like to be woken up hours…

• All the fun of Volunteering at Wroxham Barns

Author: Shona Howe, Community Volunteer and Development Officer

After visiting the local school in Cantley to share my passion for Norfolk wildlife last week, I sneaked a quick breather down a picturesque lane to gaze over the marshes before heading on my way. As I took in the crisp air and marvelled at the dramatic backdrop of hazy pinks and blues in the sky over the river Yare, I was transported back to childhood adventures…

• Working in partnership with local landowners to create a home for wildlife at RSPB’s Berney Marshes Nature Reserve

Author: Rachael Murray, Communications Officer, Eastern England Regional Office (EERO)

Recently I was lucky enough to visit the RSPB’s Berney Marshes nature reserve, found tucked away off the beaten track on the edge of Halvergate Marshes in the Norfolk Broads.

My presence there was instigated by a welcome visit from a BBC Countryfile film crew, who were keen to document some of the great work we are doing in partnership…