• Mandy's incredible inflatable adventure - Chapter 3

In this final instalment, we hear about Mandy’s final few days on her epic fundraising adventure.  After nearly 12 days paddling 75 miles along Norfolk rivers in a toy boat, will her boat hold out?  What other wildlife will she see along the way? Will she make it all the way back to Norwich?  Read on to find out....

Day 9

After a restful night floating on the river at Reedham I was joined by my friend Mr…

• Mandy's incredible inflatable adventure - Chapter 2

Over the next few days we are sharing Mandy Foyster’s incredible adventure, paddling 75 miles of Norfolk’s rivers in a toy boat over 12 days, all in aid of the RSPB and Norfolk Wildlife Trust.  Here’s the next instalment of her amazing feat:

Day 6

I awoke on Thursday tired but looking forward to a slightly easier day.  However a familiar hissing noise from my boat soon made me realise that today…

• Mandy's incredible inflatable adventure - Chapter 1

Today, we are so proud to have welcomed Mandy Foyster back from her incredible adventure, dedicated to raising funds for the RSPB and Norfolk Wildlife Trust in memory of her mother in law, Doreen.  As well as daily updates on BBC Radio Norfolk, she shared her experiences along her travels with us over email. Over the next few days we’ll be posting excerpts from her 12 day trip!

Mandy sets sail

Pre-launch upd…

• Nine-year-old hero helps our garden birds

Blogger: Gena Correale-Wardle, Community Fundraising

William Farrugia is one of nature’s heroes. Not only is he a fundraiser and advocate for the RSPB, standing up and speaking in front of dozens of his peers, but he’s also only 9 years old!

A few weeks ago on his walk to school he saw a dead blackbird in the road. Being William’s favourite bird, it made him very sad and spurred him into action to help…