• The first feather in the RSPB's campaigning cap

Blogger: Aggie Rothon, Communications Officer

I’ve written before about the constant battle I have with ‘mess’ in my house. I am forever shoving things in to cupboards or hoovering gerbil bedding from behind the table. Some tell me it comes with the territory of sharing a house with a five-year old but I’ve come to realise I can’t lay the blame entirely at that particular dinosaur-stickered door …

• I built it, and they came!

Blogger: Matt Parrot, RSPB Membership Development Officer

I am really enjoying our new campaign, Giving Nature a Home.  It provides me with a brilliant way to talk to people about how they can help nature without going any further than their own back gardens.

My job is to influence people to support the RSPB and rather than speaking about our reserves or species conservation, I now spend a lot of time talking about…

• Buzzard encounter in stormy back garden wilderness

Blogger: Aggie Rothon, RSPB Communications Officer

Behind my house is a belt of trees - an ancient jumble of oak and ash, beech and sycamore. The tallest tree stands perhaps forty five metres high from its statuesque base to sky-skimming crown; a king amongst a princely crowd. The trees tower over my cottage, branches linked together like a football team defending an opponent’s penalty kick.

Today the copse…