• Carry on with the day job

Blogger: Kerry Davis, Project Officer

“So what do you do?”  I was asked the other day; “I’m a Project Officer with the RSPB.” “What’s one of them then?” is the normal response.  I thought about this on the drive back from Lincoln last Sunday night. I had spent the weekend at Lincoln Cathedral manning the Lincoln Peregrines Date with Nature viewpoint, one of my roles as…

• A change could do you good

Blogger: Jane Warren, Green Team member

Can you imagine cycling for nearly 5 hours over 91 miles to get to work in the morning? Our colleagues Mark and Jen Smart not only dreamed up the idea, but actually completed this epic journey last Wednesday. Their feat was part of Samsung Bike Week, which ran from 15 to 23 June. It is one of the UK’s biggest cycling events, encouraging over half a million people to join in,…

• We all need food, water and shelter

Blogger: Sarah Green, Project Coordinator - Natura People Partnership Project

We are delighted to welcome George East as Minsmere’s newest corporate member.  Based just 4 miles away in Leiston, George East import and distribute a wide range of houseware, cleaning and personal care and hair care products.  One of their key lines is the Tala cooking range, where you can buy all sorts of traditionally made products…

• All things bright and beautiful.

Blogger - Aggie Rothon

We set out in a rush to take the dog for a walk this morning. Time had run away with us and my little boy hadn’t even strapped his school shoes on when we left the house. I gave him a piggy back instead and he chattered away in my ear as we strode out towards the field. It was a relief to realise that, on stepping outside, the urgency of the school run had dissipated and the morning was all to…

• Urban Jungle

We turned the corner and saw the snaking queue of caravans, estate cars and some very exasperated passengers. Vehicles piled with bedding, camping gear and toys, and windows wound down to relieve the stuffy heat pouring into the cars. This was a typical bank holiday Monday travel nightmare! And we were right in the middle of it.

Creeping along the single carriageway was not the way i had intended on spending the last…