• My guilty secret

You can find inspiration anywhere. To illustrate that I'm going to have to share a guilty secret: Sometimes I find myself watching repeats on more4.

I know it's fashionable to have not switched the TV on for ages, to not know that 24 hours in A and E is on on channel 4 at nine o clock on Wednesdays. Interesting people certainly don't glimpse snatches of Come Dine with Me as they flick for something worth watching…

• 12 points go to...the stonie

Blogger: Erica Howe, Communications Officer

What is it that makes you proud to live in the UK? Is it the football team you support, the heritage, the fish and chips, the landscape? There are many reasons to feel proud of the country we live in and as a nation we’re blimmin good at celebrating.  Talking of which, I was invited to a Eurovision party on Saturday evening! It was a first for me and although I’ve never…

• It’s Eurovision time in the East

Who are the top songsters across the countryside?

The East is alive with songbirds belting it out all across the East. And with Eurovision nearly upon us, It’s time for us to celebrate the top songbirds in the region.

Presenting, from Suffolk, the RSPB Wolves Wood Reserve, which has a thriving population of singing nightingales. Nightingales in the UK declined by 57…

• Going all European

Blogger: Sarah Green, Project Coordinator - Natura People Partnership Project  

The flowers are blossoming, Eurovision is just around the corner and the days are getting longer, it must be time for another Natura People partner meeting!

Every 6 months we (myself and colleagues from Provincie Zeeland, Provincie West-Vlaanderen, Natuur –en Recreatieschap de Grevelingen and of course the RSPB) get together to discuss progress…

• four flying swifts, three swallows high, TWO TURTLEDOVES, and a cuckoo high in a tree

It’s been a bit like a James Bond movie at work of late. Either that or I’ve been watching too much Homeland on TV! Over the past few weeks, we have been preparing a rather 007-like project. There have been phone calls with code acronyms, urgent meetings, file notes and tight deadlines. Sadly, Daniel Craig didn’t turn up to the office, but nonetheless it’s an exciting time…

Blogger: Adam Murray, Communications Officer

Nature is amazing - help us keep it that way. And what better way than helping us collect money for our conservation work.

We’ll be collecting in shops and supermarkets in the East of England from 26 May to 3 June in your local patch for Love Nature Week.

If you recognise any of the following places and live nearby then you are just the person we need - give us a 

• My new friend the sparrowhawk

Blogger: Gena Correale-Wardle, Community Fundraising Officer

I’ve recently found a new friendship with a lovely sparrowhawk that I’ve seen flying around the train station and football club in Norwich. I say it’s a friendship, but I doubt my sparrowhawk has noticed me in the same way I’ve noticed her several times over the last few weeks.

The first time I saw him was during a Norwich City football…

• Are you ready to take on the Wild Zone at Minsmere?

Blogger: Kate Blincoe, Communications Manager

Here is my confession. I work for the RSPB yet I have not been to a nature reserve in my leisure time for over three years.

Let me clarify a few things: I have not lost my passion for enjoying wildlife in stunning locations. I have not had a bad accident involving binoculars. I have not lost my love of walking in incredible habitats and meeting inspirational people.

I…

• The bird of the night, a right old public affair and a brand new opening

Blogger: Laura White, PA to Public Affairs Manager

I went for a look see round our Minsmere reserve last week. We’ve done lots of wonderful work down there (we do lots of wonderful work on all our reserves, naturally!) but we’ve just created a Wild Zone and Wild Wood Adventure with all sorts of fun things to do, things you wouldn’t necessarily expect on a nature reserve and so we headed down to investigate before it…

• I like big (water) butts and I cannot lie

Blogger: Erica Howe, Communications Officer.

As I stood in the queue to make my emergency purchase last week, the shop assistant declared, “This is the most umbrellas we’ve sold in months.”  With soggy feet, wrinkly toes, and less-than-glamorous, damp hair, I was beginning to seriously dislike the rain!

But as we know, one of the worst droughts in living memory is currently gripping us. As I’m writing…

• The best exotic marigold bird watch

Blogger: Neil Santy, Volunteer (Business Partnerships)

Perhaps you’ve seen the film; the one with Dev Patel, Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy and Tom Wilkinson? Well, the hotel really does exist! We went to visit on a recent holiday out in the wilds of Rajasthan, and although it was fascinating, I was drawn to the red-wattled lapwings and laughing doves that abound in that part of the Indian countryside.

• 101 things to do with a bucket

Blogger: Gena Correale-Wardle      

A little while ago we asked our Twitter followers for some ideas of things you could do with a bucket. Some very good and strange answers came back – bury it and make it into a stag beetle home; use it as a coal scuttle and even have it as a makeshift toilet! The most sensible of the suggestions was to use your bucket to go collecting funds at your local supermarket, which is what 100s…