• Christmas shopping worth while

With more and more people filling the shops to rush out for a last-minute Christmas pressie (or if you’re anything like me, you won’t have even started) I do often wonder about all the millions of pounds that we spend each year on gifts for our loved ones, friends and family. In a time of such financial hardship, it always amazes me how generous people are at this time of year and how much time, effort…
  • Pied wagtail wonder

I’ve had a rather entertaining fortnight. Autumn Watch may be over for another year, but something equally addictive has managed to catch my attention recently.  Every time I head out in the crisp winter air for a stroll or I layer up my jumpers, coat and scarf to walk to work, I am followed by a new-found friend. It isn’t guaranteed where i’ll bump into him, but I can assure you that at some point during my journey…
  • Don't mind if I do...

I wanted to work for a big organisation that had get-up and go, I wanted to work for someone progressive that cared for the environment. It was the organisation I’ve waited my whole life to work for.
    All these are reasons why the colleagues sitting around me decided to apply for the jobs they are now enjoying at the RSPB.
    Do you want to know you work to make a difference too?  
    Click here for your opportunity…
  • Rocking robin knocked off the top spot!

Some things about Christmas are certain, aren’t they? I will put on a few extra pounds, I will have to fake happy on opening a random gift and dozens of robins will come fluttering through my letterbox making me feel guilty that I haven’t remembered to post my Christmas cards.  
    Well maybe things will be different this year. The robin has been knocked off its top spot as the bird most likely to feature on the…
  • The call of the wild

Oystercatcher image copyright Liz Cutting, www.lizcuttingphotos.com
    Much like whistling, touching my toes with my legs straight and rolling my tongue I have never been able to master accents. My Irish accent sounds much like my Scottish whilst my Yorkshire sounds very similar to my west country. It came as quite a shock to me therefore to realise that I am actually pretty good at mimicking bird calls. I remember realising…