Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

Blue Tit on my feeder via my flat bay window

Hello everyone, its been a while since I posted last. Anyway here's the first video of 2019 12th January of a Blue Tit on my new feeder at home its a break from my usual out and about wildlife videos, this is my first of my new feeder set up. I'm lucky that I get out every day and spend a few hours nature wandering and Im even more lucky that where I live in Hampshire there's lots to see everyday all year round. I live in a flat and as I see Mammals Birds etc everyday, I never got around to trying to put a bird feeder out. I managed to make my own bracket to hang a bird feeder out of my bay window and within a few days started to have a Blue Tit / Blue Tits come and feed. Ive recorded that for 4 days now and the blue tit seems to do a smash and grab, feeding for 30 seconds to 2 minutes with a large break in between. Im happy now to have wildlife come and see me in my flat. I have realy enjoyed watching the Blue Tit live and recorded. As long as any bird comes to feed Im happy. Now I will continue to watch (when Im in) and see if any other type of bird turns up. Im right near a busy park and the feeder is very close to my window (only way for me to have it) so some birds may not want to risk it, but we will see. I just wanted to upload one of the short visits here for now, Im well chuffed. Not strickly WILDLIFE IN MY GARDEN as Im in a flat, but near enough Slight smile

• What a lovely video clip John so thanks for making the effort to process and post up;  the blue tit was certainly enjoying  that fat filled coconut shell and what close up views you got.     Whether its birds coming to a garden or to a window feeder, it all counts the same and its lovely we can share your wonderful views of it.   Hopefully more birds will join it once they get used to the new food treat on offer.    good luck and thanks again for this lovely clip. 

• Hello John and welcome back and well done on getting your vide onto the new site. It does not matter if you are in a flat, cottage or large house as long as you have some room for any kind of feeders, it is your garden! It is always a thrill when you see a visitor feeding on the food you have put out. Thanks for sharing.

• Thank you. Yes its all good news and Im sure word will get around in the bird world, especially if we get any more bad weather. Today it was back trying to hold onto the coconut in the wind.