Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

FREE (yes, FREE) aquilegia seeds

I have collected a couple of hundred seeds from my aquilegia (above) and I was wondering if anyone wanted some. FREE to a good garden. If you do please email me on <email address now deleted>  with your name and address and put "purple aquilegia seeds" in the subject line.

I have some (not as many) of the white one (below) as well so if you want them the please put "white aquilegia seeds" in the subject line.

Of course if you would like some of both then please put "both aquilegia seeds" in the subject line.

• Louloudi, I'm glad they arrived ok. I did worry what the post office may think of my little wee envelopes that made a noise when shaken!

• Hi Paula!

Received mine yesterday too! (Don't see my post 'til I get home from work...)

thanks ever so much for a speedy reponse! Shall look forward to many of these beauties in my garden soon! As said in e-mail, do let me know if there are any 'wants' on your list!

• I don’t want to put a dampener on your seed sowing but if paula has both of these growing in her garden then the Aquilegia won’t come true from seed. Aquilegia will cross pollinate. On the bright side, you will have some surprises, you might even get a completely unique flower, that’s the fun of gardening.

• Hi wildlife friendly

Thanks for info. I am really pleased.

I like anything unusual.

This dahlia has done something like this too!!

• I hate to say this but you've responded to a post made more than 11 years ago.  I don't think any of the posters on this thread are still posting on this Community.

• Paula A said:

I have collected a couple of hundred seeds from my aquilegia (above) and I was wondering if anyone wanted some. FREE to a good garden. If you do please email me on <email address now deleted>  with your name and address and put "purple aquilegia seeds" in the subject line.

I have some (not as many) of the white one (below) as well so if you want them the please put "white aquilegia seeds" in the subject line.

Of course if you would like some of both then please put "both aquilegia seeds" in the subject line.

Hi there,

My name is Zoe Middleton, I am just wondering if both aquilegia seeds are available please, or if anyone can help me out with any seeds please I've been trying with a few shop bought seeds myself aCry seam to be all dud seeds as nothing has come from them for past couple of years Cry

• The post was in 2009 Zoe so I highly doubt thes people are still around!
  • Linda it's not a problem hun thank you for your reply back it was worth a try as never know if the original posters or anyone in the comments below could be of help, no need to pardon yourself with the Scottish accent hun i love a good accent as don't hear many traditional accents where I am in Leeds Wink xxxx