love nature bucket collection (VERY DISAPPOINTED.)

I OFFERED TO COLLECT FOR THE LOVE NATURE COLLECTION...BUT WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED ASI HAD NOT DONE THIS SORT OF THING BEFORE..I GOT DOWN TO THE SUPERMARKET WHERE THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER LADY AT THE SAME TIME.AS ME. I WAITED 30 MINUTES NO ONE TURNS UP...SO I WASTED THE MORNING HOPING TO HELP THE R.S P.B. BUT SADLY IT DIDNT HAPPEN.!!!!!!!.SO I WILL NOT BOTHER TO THINK OF HELPING THEM AGAIN....ITS THERE LOST

• So sorry to hear that and certainly not the experience we would want any of our volunteers to have as part of the Love Nature collection.  

If you'd like to let me know where you were collecting I can look into this and find out what happened.  Please email your details to volunteers@rspb.org.uk and we'll follow this up.

Apologies again and hope you have a good Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend.

• Just read this post. Sorry to hear that you decided to give up because another volunteer let you down. do hope you have got over it now and will try volunteering again. I did the bucket collection alone  and would have preferred to do it with somebody but there we are, RSPB has to work with what it gets.Though I do have some suggestions to you RSPB about how this paticular event could have been made more successful if you want to contact me on 07737249461  But dear stonechat please try again. I have done lots of differnet volunteering for RSPB and its usaully really good and enjoyable

• Stonechat - I did two stints for Love Nature Week, one with someone else, and the other 7 hour stint on my own.  I also did the Tesco Together for Trees day on my own.  Although it was nice to stand with someone, I didn't really mind being on my own as some lovely people would stop and chat about birds with me.  The amount of money I collected was very rewarding!  Please do give it another go - even on your own!  You'll be glad you did!!

• its too riskey nowadays with all crime going on..i wouldnt risk a life to collect for birds !!!!.theres other ways of raising money for rspb.....

• Unknown said:
    its too riskey nowadays with all crime going on..i wouldnt risk a life to collect for birds !!!!.theres other ways of raising money for rspb.....

If we all had that attitude we'd all stay locked indoors 24/7.