What volunteering do you do?

Ohh first post in this forum!

What voluntary things are you involved in? 

Over the last year I've been involved in Bird Friendly Schools, at a local nature reserve and Volunteer & Farmer Alliance.

• I have been doing Volunteer and Farmer Alliance for the last 4 years, a Black Tailed Godwit nest watch for the past 5 years only last year there was no nest., a Tree Sparrow survey, for 3 years and variouse BTO surveys.  I have also done some Wildlife Trust volunteer work.

• PeregrineRhi said:

I volunteer at a variety of A Date With Nature events, and in the spring/summer do the 'Peregrines on the Clocktower' event  in Cardiff at least once a week. I'm looking to get involved in more voluntary work too.

Scruffiest Peregrine I ever saw was on Cardiff City Hall Tower. Not like our handsome boy at Yat Rock. It's a bit of a pants photo - snapped hastily through a phone cam held up to the scope.

• I've only been a RSPB member for a short while but I'm very keen to get involved and offer my services at one of my local reserves. I would ideally like to do something quite hands on, I recently inquired about a reception volunteer at the Fowlmere reserve but have yet had a reply but I will continue trying.

• Hi Daniel

Are you still waiting for a reply from Fowlmere?  If so please let me know and I will look into this for you.

Thanks for your intersest.

• Unknown said:

Hi Daniel

Are you still waiting for a reply from Fowlmere?  If so please let me know and I will look into this for you.

Thanks for your intersest.

Yes I am, I would appreciate it if you could do that for me Alan

Many Thanks

• Hi Daniel

Spoken to Doug, the warden at Fowlmere, and he will be in touch.

Best wishes

• Much appreciated Alan and I'll look forward to hearing from him.

Regards Daniel

• I have worked on Date with Nature Ironbridge, I do bird surveys for the BTO, and also volunteer at a local nature reserve doing practical conservation work

• Hiya,

I volunteer at Langford Lowfields in Notts . I know , I know where ?? Basically Langford is a reserve in the making , currently gravel is being extracted  but as we get our hands on it we aim to transform it into a reedbed .

I try to get in a least twice a week ( depending on shifts ) and the work is mainly habitat management related but recently we have been carrying out more butterfly, moth and bird surveys.

The whole project is aimed at helping the Bittern return to the Trent Valley and this year we have had our first bird . 4 years of blood , sweat and tears repaid in seconds at the first sighting ( it was my first as well !!).

Dont think I could envisage myself not doing this and even though the site is a gravel pit it is beautiful .

• Unknown said:

Hi Daniel

Spoken to Doug, the warden at Fowlmere, and he will be in touch.

Best wishes

Hi Alan,

I'm still waiting to hear from Doug at Fowlmere, do you think I would just be better off ringing him?

Regards Daniel