What volunteering do you do?

Ohh first post in this forum!

What voluntary things are you involved in? 

Over the last year I've been involved in Bird Friendly Schools, at a local nature reserve and Volunteer & Farmer Alliance.

Parents
  • Hiya,

I volunteer at Langford Lowfields in Notts . I know , I know where ?? Basically Langford is a reserve in the making , currently gravel is being extracted  but as we get our hands on it we aim to transform it into a reedbed .

I try to get in a least twice a week ( depending on shifts ) and the work is mainly habitat management related but recently we have been carrying out more butterfly, moth and bird surveys.

The whole project is aimed at helping the Bittern return to the Trent Valley and this year we have had our first bird . 4 years of blood , sweat and tears repaid in seconds at the first sighting ( it was my first as well !!).

Dont think I could envisage myself not doing this and even though the site is a gravel pit it is beautiful .

If somethings hard to do , its not worth doing - Homer      (Simpson)

• Hiya,

I volunteer at Langford Lowfields in Notts . I know , I know where ?? Basically Langford is a reserve in the making , currently gravel is being extracted  but as we get our hands on it we aim to transform it into a reedbed .

I try to get in a least twice a week ( depending on shifts ) and the work is mainly habitat management related but recently we have been carrying out more butterfly, moth and bird surveys.

The whole project is aimed at helping the Bittern return to the Trent Valley and this year we have had our first bird . 4 years of blood , sweat and tears repaid in seconds at the first sighting ( it was my first as well !!).

Dont think I could envisage myself not doing this and even though the site is a gravel pit it is beautiful .

If somethings hard to do , its not worth doing - Homer      (Simpson)

Children
No Data