What volunteering do you do?

Ohh first post in this forum!

What voluntary things are you involved in? 

Over the last year I've been involved in Bird Friendly Schools, at a local nature reserve and Volunteer & Farmer Alliance.

Parents
  • I've only been a RSPB member for a short while but I'm very keen to get involved and offer my services at one of my local reserves. I would ideally like to do something quite hands on, I recently inquired about a reception volunteer at the Fowlmere reserve but have yet had a reply but I will continue trying.

• Hi Daniel

Are you still waiting for a reply from Fowlmere?  If so please let me know and I will look into this for you.

Thanks for your intersest.

• Unknown said:

Hi Daniel

Are you still waiting for a reply from Fowlmere?  If so please let me know and I will look into this for you.

Thanks for your intersest.

Yes I am, I would appreciate it if you could do that for me Alan

Many Thanks

• Hi Daniel

Spoken to Doug, the warden at Fowlmere, and he will be in touch.

Best wishes

• Much appreciated Alan and I'll look forward to hearing from him.

Regards Daniel

• Unknown said:

Hi Daniel

Spoken to Doug, the warden at Fowlmere, and he will be in touch.

Best wishes

Hi Alan,

I'm still waiting to hear from Doug at Fowlmere, do you think I would just be better off ringing him?

Regards Daniel

• Hi Daniel

Oh dear that's not very good on our part!  I will remind Doug to make contact. 

Just so you are not waiting on him his telephone number is 01763 208978.

Let me know if you have any problem making contact.  Apologies again.

• Unknown said:

Hi Daniel

Oh dear that's not very good on our part!  I will remind Doug to make contact. 

Just so you are not waiting on him his telephone number is 01763 208978.

Let me know if you have any problem making contact.  Apologies again.

Hi Alan,

There is no need to be sorry in anyway. Doug emailed me earlier and said he will phone me soon regarding the volunteering. Sounds like he's been quite busy at Fowlmere lately and just honestly forgot.

Thanks for your help Alan.

Regards Daniel

• Hi Daniel

Thanks for letting me know.  Hope you enjoy your volunteering with us :-)

• I became an RSPB member a few months ago and volunteer at the Farnham Heath reserve. I have my first event which is a villiage festival next to the reserve next Sunday and have also put my name down for the Weyfest music festival which is also next to the reserve in September. Can't wait - I think music festival's would be a good place for a pitch to encourage people to become member and get them interested in the reserves - we'll see! It's only a tiny festival with mostly unsigned bands, but saying that The Stranglers are headlining! I hope to get some training to do trail, school events etc too. I have also applied to do residential volunteering too and just awaiting a reply :)

• Hi, I volunteer at Old Moor and absolutely love it! I'm a 'reserve guide' which means I wander around and chat to people on the reserve - I talk to them about the birds/bees/flowers/butterflies...pretty much anything...great! I also help out with the Wild Monday/Wednesdays and anything else that fits into my life..

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 20/08/2010 21:15 in reply to Nicola_volunteer

Hi there

Interesting up to date posts on what people are doing with their spare time.

This is 'some' my past adventures with being a volunteer if anyone cares to have a look.  I started with this group at the age of 21 years old and remain a member to this day.

This is a post that I would like to add here because it is to do with volunteering.  You will need to post the link on your URL window at the top of the page

Regards

Kathy and Dave

Reply Children