Marine Question Time with the Minister by Alan Parfitt

In my role as one of a number of  RSPB Campaign Champoins, I was very pleased to be invited on Tuesday 29th November to attend the RSPB Marine Question Time with the Minister Mr Richard Benyon. He is responsible for biodiversity within Defra and as part of this responsibility he is currently deciding on the designation of marine conservation zones (MCZs) under the 2009 Marine Conservation Act which the RSPB work so hard over such a long period, to bring about. The Question Time went off extremely well. There was constructive discussion between the Minister and the audience without any hint of hostility on either side. I think it helped each side to better understanding and I thought there was definite progress made. The dialogues with the Minister managed to elucidate a number of important facts and figures that he is aiming to achieve, including timings. We all hope he is able to bring these about. It was a very enjoyable morning, so STEP UP FOR NATURE with the RSPB I thoroughly enjoy it and recommend it, You never know what the next STEPPING UP topic will be!  

redkite