BGBW Efforts to submit results

Just a line to tell you how exasperated I am trying to place the results, of my bird watch. I have tried doing this on several occasions only to be asked to sign in and for my password, which I have written down so I know I am not getting it wrong!! I have changed my password twice now "Successfully" only to be told "Whoops" I have entered the wrong details. For goodness sake get this system right and make it easy, or I won't bother again ( I have done this survey for the past 6 years or more) BIG GARDEN BIRDWATCH One subject, Click here for your pack. Click here for your ID sheet / check list Click here to submit your results. Not all over the place in amongst other articles. I received Community e-mails from other people experiencing the same. I appreciate some of your members are retired and have time on their hands, but I am not and do not. I look forward to hearing from you, although, the date for submitting has now passed. Regards.........
  • Cont'd

Please find below,examples of other exasperated people! Please take the time to read them.

Come on RSPB please get it right or you will be losing people's interest.

RE: Birdwatch 2016 results form

Reply by Snapper

Hi

I have also had difficulty submitting my results, having done it easily enough for many years, today it was a real problem.

I have always logged in with the eight digit reference number which appears on the letter, together with the post code. This reference number was rejected so I tried another reference number, beginning BWGADC.... found at the top of the letter.  This was also rejected as invalid. At the bottom of the same letter it says

Tell us what you saw online at:

rspb.org.uk/birdwatch

Please quote code BG22

So in desperation I tried this approach, but this was also rejected as invalid.

In the end I had to fill out all of my personal details again and I think I have now submitted my results.

Submitting results has become too complex and some less persistent people are going to give up.

Just what I have said!!

Birdwatch 2016 results form Thread created by Birdwoman

Have been trying to submit my results online for the last hour but am getting nowhere. Can find the form to send by snail mail, but cannot find BG14 form which I read somewhere to look for.  I am about to tear my hair out - can anyone help please?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Reply by Susan M

I too have had trouble using the reference number given on the form (BWGAC ...) to login.  In the end I just put in all my details again.  And No, I do not want to sign up for another account - already have the RSPB community and shop.

In previous years there has always been a "check" page after you've input all your bird counts.  So I rattle through the numbers quickly, expecting I'll check them all through before submitting.  But this year, no check page, just submitted.  OOps! Too late.....  This is very annoying.

Reply by freckles

It has changed this year, using old sign in details wont work, so, you'll need to sign up again, it's easy enough to do, then, once you've done your hour just log your results, don't forget you can add different species to the list too, if you see them in your garden and they're not listed on the page. When I submitted mines the page came up saying ERROR, I clicked back and was thanked for taking part so my results must have been submitted ok . There are plenty of helpful people here in the forum so if you have any issues just pop in and ask for help :)

They shouldn't have to do this!!

Reply by Val

I couldn't do it either! I wonder if anyone else had the same problem?. No birds all weekend, weather was atrocious, I know birds need to eat even in bad weather, but we had none.

Reply by night owl

Glad I found this site, I could not get on, but after reading on here, I did it straight away. Thanks.

Reply by EarlsSeat

Hi All I am in the same boat I have reset my password 3 times and can only log into the community, when I try and submit my results it askes for me to log in and I attempt but is says I have the wrong login details!  In past years it was easy but now it has beaten me any help gratefully received.

Reply by Catlady

Please can someone help. I have submitted results in past years, trying to do so now. I never remember having to fill in forms to create an account before, but just where, what time and what you saw. If I do have to fill this in when it asks for sign in details, are these the same as for the community forum or RSPB or do you have to make yet another account with passwords! Thanks in advance.