New Camera for Xmas !!

My eldest bought me a FAB new camera, and, couldn't wait to try it out, went off to the wooded grasslands just behind my house and was delighted to capture this !!! I was a good 60ft away but got, what I think, is a great shot of this Buzzard
  • That IS a lovely shot, Freckles. I wonder who was more surprised - you or the Buzzard when he shot up like that.

You can of course post where you like but don't forget the BGBW Group is only for January and most of us post photos in one of the Wildlife forums like All Creatures most of the time

• that does much look like a kite not sure going by its feathers on wing :3

• I think it's beautiful too - the bird, the light and the berries. What a great start! x

• Tried putting this in the gallery Tony but when I clicked upload file nothing came up ?? the forum isn't the easiest to navigate around, well, would be if I wandered around more maybe huh !! Glad you like this shot, I was over the moon when I reviewed the pic and saw it, my eldest has been saying for years I need a decent camera, and he has bought me a fab 1

• thanks Paula must upload to my Flickr page, got shots of Fieldfares and a Kestrel too along with shots of frosty berries, leaves and more

• Bob, I love Red Kites, was fortunate enough to see quite a few when I used to travel to Ullapool, not sure I would see 1 so far south, should have kept watching as the bird flew off but was sooo excited to review the shot I missed seeing where it went, will go back to the same spot, see if the bird is around

• Freckles, I'm afraid since there was software upgrade about three weeks ago you can't seem to post photos to galleries whether personal or those in groups. It's been reported on numerous occasions but there's been a deathly silence from the Moderators so we don't know if the issue is being addressed.

You can still post photos in threads as you have done. All I meant by my comments was that we use threads other than the BGBW group most of the rest of the year for chat and posting photos.

I agree this Forum is not the easiest to navigate. Some years ago I did a Forum Map which is still available (although may not be completely up to date) which shows the forum structure. It's a PDF file which can be found here

www.rspb.org.uk/.../60411.aspx

Just ask if you need help with anything. People on this Forum are usually very supportive.

• I had wondered Tony, been a member for well over a year now, do the BGBW each year and was able to post pics far easier, didn't take your comment as anything but helpful xx I was once a member of a forum, I worked out how to use it, did step by steps on creating albums etc so I'm usually pretty good with these things, shame the software upgrade has caused the forum to be harder to get around, be great if a moderator was listening ;)