BGBW 2015

I am registered but would like to download a sheet with the birds that need ticking off on it, as I had last year. Are you still doing this?

Thanks, Val.

• I never had a problem my Pack came through the post a week ago.

Jim

• I can't get any sense out of the website and haven't for weeks. they say I am registered, but when I try to log on and ask for a standard pack download I get

"Error

We're sorry - there was an error.

What's happened?

Sorry, there is an error on the page you are trying to reach. This is a fault with our website. A message has been sent to our technical team so we'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later."

I also sent an email reporting it and 10 days ago I got a "thank you for your enquiry" email and nothing since. They seem to have stopped offering the postal option now. Guess I can fill in last year's sheet and post it to them....

• I had trouble as well, they should give you a temporary password, enter it in quickly then add your own password and email.

Hope this helps?

• You don’t need to Register you can send your results in by E-mail

I am using Opera browser just in case you want to try this one :)

Jim

• Thanks for the advice. I wonder if it is my browser? - I'm on Firefox. Will try the various ideas suggested.

• Ah I've cracked it now! I thought I'd try re-registering with an alternative email address  -  that one worked BUT first I had to kill the apostrophe in my surname. Hey ho! Anyway, the pack has safely landed and I'm good to go. Now all I need is some birds. Plenty around up until now but if past years are anything to go by I expect they are all packing their suitcases in preparation for a weekend away....

• As you can see, I'm a total nerd. Here are my results from the previous three years. Can't wait to count for 2015... 

• Chris Packham would be proud of you FF! Lol

Been checking out your birdbox vids, so fascinating but that poor bird's angst when the Woodpecker was trying to break in!!  Am hoping to see nest in mine this year ... after two years of having empty cam nest box there is a BT roosting every night!

• Hi Wendy,

It's a good sign if the bird is roosting there at night. It is very likely to pick your nest box now in the spring! Fingers crossed...

Keep watching it, because also the nest evaluating process is very interesting to watch. The female will test the wood of the box and if she likes it she will spread her wings out as if building a nest, only there is no nest material yet!

I found the reaction to the woodpecker fascinating. Also one of my last videos, one day before the last two chicks fledged is very interesting. The chicks respond to an alarm call from the parents outside the box in response to a Jay by immediately lying flat on the ground. Fantastic to see that!

My cam nest box is one of the best purchases I ever made in terms of fun per £. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

• Did you have a roosting BT before they made a nest FF?  Reason I ask, & what worries me greatly, is that there is no nesting material in there but  I see a growing amount of poo, could this be harmful??  Wish the box had a let down flap which I could unlock when BT not there during the day to clear it out!!