Problems to register for 2014 Birdwatch

Hi,

I have tried to register for the 2014 Birdwatch with the link in the mail that I received. I'm already in the system because I participated in earlier years. However, if I press the "submit" button nothing happens and I don't receive a confirmation email or any message on the screen.

Any other people with the same problem?

• All the same Alan.

Just to be clear... what is supposed to happen?

- First it asks for my email address

- Then it says "Welcome back. You’ve registered already, so please type your password to login."

- I enter my password

- Then I get: "Are you an RSPB member? Y/N" --> Yes

- "We'll send you a link to your free Big Garden Birdwatch guide in your registration confirmation email.

-  Would you still like a free guide posted out to you?" --> No

- "How did you hear about the Big Garden Birdwatch?" --> email

- Then I press "Submit"

Then nothing happens.

I have just tried exactly the same thing on another computer, but no luck.

• Hi Firefly,

Sorry for the confusion here, will get someone to look into it! In the meantime, how would you like to take part? Would you like to submit live online or do you want to fill in a form? If you want to fill in a form I can either send you one electronically or put one in the post, it's up to you!

Feel free to send me an e-mail so we can sort this! My e-mail address is: ben.andrew@rspb.org.uk

• Hi,

I prefer to submit the results online. Of course you can send me a form by email (I'll email you for a form if the online problem doesn't get resolved). However, my main problem is that some other people might experience the same problem and they can be put off by it and not participate in this year's Birdwatch! Of course we don't want that to happen... So it is a good idea to get it checked with the guys who are in charge of the website.

• Of course, I totally agree and have already passed this on!

I have just tried registering using another e-mail address just to see what happens, I did everything you did and then when I clicked "submit" I got this page:

That is the page you would expect and then basically you don't do anything until the actual weekend when you can then log in and start entering results, if you try going back from now on it will just tell you to come back on the designated weekend. I wonder why you did not get this page?! I have also got the e-mail thanking me, did you get one of these?

Nevertheless we are looking into this for you and do remember that on the actual weekend you don't need to have registered to take part, registering just allows you to get a physical pack (which you didn't want anyway!) and also allows us to remind you about it, share offers etc. On the actual weekend anyone and everyone can take part and you should be able to anyway!

• Hi Firefly, I have just had work back from the technical team that your registration actually failed for some reason, not sure why! Maybe you can try registering again and let me know what happens?

• Hi,

I tried to register again and it fails in exactly the same way!

• Checked it with 2 different computers and 2 differend browsers (Chrome and Internet Explorer): no difference

• Firefly, I have just entered your e-mail address and password and got the "thank you for registering" screen so it all seems to have worked fine! I also selected the option to send you a paper copy just in case but I cannot see it being a problem and just to check I tried re-signing you back up and got the screen telling you to come back at the weekend so all seems fine!

• Yes I received the confirmation mail now!

Very strange... no idea why it didn't work on both my computers!

• Hi, I am struggling to register for the Big Garden Birdwatch online too... It keeps telling me that my password is incorrect, only I managed to sign in on the same password. I changed it just to double check but it won't let me sign in n my new password either! What do I do?