Just watched NINE Waxwings! (Sheffield)

Beautiful display of nine Waxwings (from Scandanavia) here today in a Sheffield (S7) garden, hovering and feeding from a berry bush.  We are the greenest city in Europe and we have lots of trees and fields near us so no wonder they found us!  Pity I didn't get a photo or video but they were so beautiful.  I will keep the camera ready next time!

My first post and great to be on board with this news.

Click here to read about Waxwings on the RSPB site.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/w/waxwing/index.aspx

• Hello Jonny and welcome from me too in Cheshire;   congrats on spotting the Waxwings and hope you get to see them again ......with camera !!     Looking forward to hearing any future posts you may wish to put up,  enjoy this Forum, they are a friendly bunch and a lot of knowledgeable people on here if you have any questions,   just fire away and one of the experts will answer you.      

Regards, Hazel 

•  I have a photo of a singleton waxwing taken on 14 April in the rear garden of a house in London SE25.  I'll try and find out how to load it up.  The bird was in the garden for about an hour and wasn't fazed by human activity or neighbours' dogs barking.  If it was looking for berries I'm afraid it was out of luck.  What else do they eat?