• Different strokes

I was chatting with a new member of our London team the other day and inevitably the subject of motivation came up. That little devil on my shoulder bit my ear then shouted in its loutish voice... "Motivation? You're like a pig in clover. You are able to let motivation choose your career choice? You don't know how lucky you are".

When I was in my final year at school, the careers advice was: "You can choose…

• Blowing the Lydd off a national tragedy

Edging through queues of traffic on my cycle ride in to the RSPB’s Westminster office this week, my mind went over a statement I’d heard on the radio that we are not a crowded island. Living in densely populated London you can quickly forget that urban living is not the norm.

I am used to shops being open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so I find it “quaint” when I go home to the Welsh borders and stumble…

• Stacking room only? Let's break free.

I’d like to start a campaign to increase spaces.

We have constant demands for more housing and more infrastructure, yet it’s rare to hear anyone cry “… hold on a minute. Can we have a bit more grass and maybe a hedge please?

I admit the need for housing is huge and growing, especially in the south and always in London. Any extra housing brings with it a need for more energy, more water…