• I want one of those!

A big smiley welcome to one female and two male peregrine chicks, now ringed and very visible on our re-aligned and cleaned webcam [Thank you Lyndon].

They are so fluffy and cute.

I defy anyone seeing them not to want to feel their fluffiness pressed up against your cheek - or maybe I'm just sad. It's hard to imagine these fragile looking balls of bounciness becoming the feared and fast predator that sends…

• Experience Harry and Luke's big bird adventure

This weekend, Harry Boorman, his cousin Luke and mate (not in the biblical sense) Joe, are scouring the windy streets of London looking for birds. That sentence somehow feels a bit seedy but their endeavour is all above board and in a good cause.

Hara started the race by betting Harry £100 he couldn't do it - he accepted and raised the ante by seeking sponsorship with all cash raised being donated to the RSPB to fund conservation work.Harry's girlfriend, Hara [pictured right], challenged him to spot 100 different bird species within the M25 over 48 hours. It's more than possible, especially at the moment…

• Get me an injunction!

I'd like to talk to you about footballer Rxxx Xxxxx, but that's old news now.

I want an injunction on sustainability, then maybe we'd see some interest from our news media in the shocking state (and decline) of our wildlife. I admit we're not talking sexy species like tigers and elephants, but vanishing grasses, bugs and yes even some birds is pretty bad news.

In London, we're losing house sparrows

• Seasonality disorder?

I'm confused, what season are we in? Is it spring or summer now.

Yesterday (3.5.11) the first of four central London peregrine chicks hatched live on our webcam. This morning, I heard swifts screaming over my house and the tree at the end of my garden is now in full leaf. I'm even contemplating harvesting some elderflowers to make some syrup. Now, the weather forecast is for rain, after a prolonged hot and dry spell…