• Blonde joggers seek crow bar

I've mentioned my fondness for crows before.
    These birds are proving less than popular among blonde women joggers in one Greenwich park. It seems an angry crow is predominantly targeting this one group of park users, dive bombing them as they jog round the paths.
    Crows, including jays and magpies, have the ability to remember things, which allows them to discover how to create and use tools to get to food and suchlike…
  • Wild about what's missing

Where are my swifts.

I'm seeing them wherever I go, but the ones that normally play in the sky over my house are simply absent.

I know we've a bit of a crisis looming with swifts, and that plans are afoot to try to resolve it... but where are my swifts.

With upheaval in the workplace, relationship breakdowns around me, global financial meltdowns and political uncertainty, I need the stability and familiarity of…

• pre flight chicks

Not quite chocks away but ... Yes the season of peregrine chicks is upon us and soon London's skies will be full of these magnificent creatures swooping and diving and testing their flying skills.

Sadly not all of London's peregrines successfuly bred this year. Eggs were washed out on one nest and vanished from another site, but Scotland Yard's Wildlife Crime Officers are looking into that. The Tate Modern…

• What happens now?

Peregrines at play - image courtesy of David ShawThe election's passed and we'll have new faces in the Commons. Maybe we'll have other new visitors too, once the four eggs being incubated by peregrine falcons Beattie and Busby hatch... hopefully any moment now.

The peregrines you can see on our pere-cam are the pair that use the Palace of Westminster as a daytime roost, when they're not looking after their newly hatched chicks. Their nest site is on a secure…