Buzzard and Redwing Day

You left a couple of days too early Tony   lol        This morning we headed to Neumann's Flash and River Weaver area as it was a stunning morning with blue sky overhead.     Although the berries are dwindling I did see my first Redwing of the year and to equal that we saw two Buzzards,   first over Neumann's Flash and then later flying towards Carden's Ferry bridge.        Here's todays photos .............

Redwings were flitting back and forth and often single ones in a tree .............   here's one I tried to focus on through the twigs ....

found a berry .............

scoff ............

down the hatch   .............

and looking so innocent after scoffing all those berries    lol

and overhead the Common Buzzards ...........           this close - almost    lol

and more hungry thrushes,  this time a male Blackbird alongside the River Weaver  ......

I can see your gullet full of berries Mr Blackbird     !!

and an extra one to take-away   !!! 

and I wouldn't be forgiven if I didn't put our old pal Riverside Robin in for Paul   lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Oh, well done, Hazel. What cracking shots of the Redwing consuming the berry. Such beautiful birds aren't they and you got that lovely Blackbird doing the same thing.

Terrific shots of the Buzzard against that lovely blue sky.

I see you got waylaid by a Robin too.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Oooh I love Redwings, I can't wait for ours to arrive, lovely photos to keep me going in the meantime though, thanks Hazy.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Cheers Tony,  the weather was beautiful and another lovely day expected tomorrow but very cold overnight tonight I think.  btw,  that lens we were looking at on Friday is now back to £5,299, same as Wex so pity the error didn't last online till checkout completed lol   having said that, my good friend has just told me on the phone that her stepson has just got a top job with Canon  !!!  hmmmmm       lol  

post edit:   x-post with Hazel,    thanks for your kind reply, was lovely to see these birds today.

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    having said that, my good friend has just told me on the phone that her stepson has just got a top job with Canon  !!!  hmmmmm       lol  

Sounds like someone you should get to know. LOL

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Some beautiful photos there Hazel,great to see the Redwing and Blackbirds feasting on natures bounty! The Buzzard looks lovely against the blue sky,my favourite has to be the Blackbird with his takeaway-brilliant capture!

Jayne

See my Flickr photos here.

• That blue sky makes for a great backdrop. I was expecting a loud belch from the Redwing after scoffing those berries! Nice to see Riverside Robin getting his fill of mealies. We had our first frost last night and all the water in the dishes froze. The Ferals were not impressed.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• A fabulous set Hazel, well done, especially like the flying Blackbird with its takeaway!

• Glad you saw the Redwings at last Hazy, fabulous shots of the eating of the berries, and the blackbird too with it's beak full as it takes off, well captured.   Such clear shots of the buzzard against the blue sky, shots to be proud of all of 'em.

Lot to learn

• Excellent captures aitch, you do see some lovely sights on your chilly treks, thanks for sharing with this wuss! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks everyone, it's been glorious weather, albeit cold !   for taking photographs.   Would much rather have minus degrees with blue sky than plus 16 degrees and thick cloud, wind or rain  !!

Regards, Hazel