Morning all,

I hope that you are well today! Are you enjoying your August Bank Holiday so far?

I just wanted to do a blog to let you know what's going on, what's been seen and all the latest updates! I've split this blog as it was turning into one super blog - check here to find out what's been going on, what we've been doing to help nature, and what events are coming up!

I'll start with some of the wildlife highlights.
Mark Vale spotted this fabulous Redstart in shrubbery on the path to the woodlands, about 200 metres from visitor centre on Saturday 29 August:

The birds of prey are around - over the last couple of days we've had lovely views of the Peregrine, Marsh Harrier, Hobby, Buzzard, Kestrel and Sparrowhawk

Bill Crooks managed to a Peregrine catch a Starling while he was walking from the Visitors Centre en route to the Woodland on Friday - what a shot:

The invertebrates are showing really well too - like some of these beauties:

The Willow Emerald Damselfly is showing nicely again - Lawrence Rogers got this fabulous picture on Friday:

Chris Norwood got this lovely picture of a female Anthocomus rufus, one of the soft-winged flower beetles (Malachiidae)

The Wasp Spiders are still about - this one was taken by Nick Smith

Water ladybird and harlequin larvae by Chris Norwood

Crab Spider by Louise Rumsby

It's not just the inverts, the amphibians are too - not just the Marsh Frogs, but the lizards are out in force so it's worth a look (picture by Chris Norwood)

Don't forget - tomorrow is a Bank Holiday....

Not only is it a Bank Holiday, it's  tall ship day!

The Tall Ships returned to Royal Greenwich for five days this August Bank Holiday, as up to 15 Tall Ships dropped anchor for a maritime family festival at Woolwich Arsenal Riverside.

The fleet are being waved off from Greenwich on Monday 31 August from 2pm as the ships leave in an elegant parade - so we think that they will be passing us any time from 3pm (weather depending, but we think 3-4 pm).

We should see the 16 ships passing by - including this one that Howard snapped heading into London earlier in the week:

The Loth Lorian

As it's Bank Holiday and the Tall Ships are passing by the reserve and car park will be staying open until 6pm.