49 Days to go.

Countdown to  1st March 

Yes it is only 49 days, that is just another 7 Thursdays until the great  EJ sweep will start on Thursday 1st March 2018 

Do I think that EJ is alive?  Yes I think she most likely is. 

Will she return to Loch Garten? I think that she will be unable to resist at least calling in to say hello. 

Will she stay to be  Queen of Loch Garten for another year? She may not do. In 2003  Olive gave up and flew away. 

Whatever will happen there is going to be great excitement. 

I have just checked and I have run the sweep since  2012. Although it is enormous fun it does take up a lot of time. So I would like to signal that I intend this to be my last year in running it. 

I am sure we can find a new person to run it for 2019. 

It is hard to believe that the time has gone so quickly. 

Meanwhile you can use Birdie Num Num's wonderful  Loch Garten Thread Archive  to peruse the history of this forum. 

• Thank you for all that food for thought, TIGER - however, I cannot stop expecting both EJ and Odin to return around their usual dates.

Nearer the time, I shall (all other things permitting) get set up "as if", and be glued, and accept whatever transpires.

IMAGICAT

• Unfortunately, I am not as optimistic about the return of either (especially Odin) although I fervently hope to be proved wrong, Ian

• I, too, expect EJ to return, although sadly I feel that we may never know the fate of The Magnificent Odin.

EJ will probably have to fight for her nest, which will be interesting from a scientific point if view, but sad for those of us who have grown fond of this feisty bird.

I would like to thank Tiger for all his patience and hard work in keeping up things such as the guessing game on the dates of their return.

• I very much hope both will return.  However, realistically I think it's unlikely Odin will be back but hope EJ will 'come home'.  I also agree that she won't have it easy if she does return.  Several ladies had their eyes on her prime property last season, and if Odin is not there to help fight off the interlopers ... it promises to be another interesting and emotional season.

• Que sera, sera!  But incredible to think it is only a few weeks away. then we shall know.  The nest is much desired by other Ospreys, so my hope is that we shall see a viable pair there this year, and accept them as the LG Ospreys!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• I won't give up on either of them, but will accept the reality of what happens.  

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 49 days, where has the time gone. I have only been following LG for a few years and what a few years they have been. From the middle of March we are glued to the screens, waiting, wondering, hoping for our beautiful birds to arrive. We have all our lovely Ospreyholics giving us feedback 24hrs every day. We then continue watching all that unfolds, mating, eggs being laid, hatching, feeding, the babies learning to fly and eventually fledging, not to mention the ups and downs of the weather, intruders and even the pine Martin! I hope with all my heart that I see our lovely pair back on their nest and that they are able to raise their young once again. Whether EJ and Odin, one, the other, both or neither return, LG will continue to have these wonderful birds raising young and we will follow them I am sure, even if they are not the ones that we truly want them to be. I think this is gong to be one of the most exciting, nail biting returns we are going to be watching.

Thanks Tiger for your work over the years with the guessing game.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• The countdown clocks on ChloeB's and Tiger's site aren't working on my computer on either Safari or Firefox. They're all at '0'. Does that mean all the ospreys are back? :-))

Any advice anyone? Maybe I've bookmarked an old version? thanks in advance

• Patience, I am afraid.  Chloe has said she will be working on the site soon.  I believe she has been incapacitated, but recovering.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thanks Sheila. Get well soon Chloe.