WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey topics) SUNDAY, APRIL 4, 2015

Hallo all!  Hope you all have a peaceful and pleasant Easter.

• Happy Easter to ALL. Thanks Annette for starting us off.

I managed my bus trip to Karoonda (1½ hour drive) by following my Physio’s instructions to stand up & stretch every half hour. I wonder what the people further back in the bus were thinking? Karoonda is about 50 km easterly of Murray Bridge; out in mallee country, mostly sheep farming.
    On the way we drove through the former township of Wynarka, now ½ dozen houses, hall & closed church. At Karoonda we drove round town (“city centre” 3 blocks long!) and visited Pioneer Park with its collection of old farmhouse, church, post office, railway & farming implements collected from the district.
    We spent the afternoon at the annual Farm Fair. Masses of stalls with anything you could think of - clothing, bric-a-brac, plants, breast cancer, travel, 2nd hand books, food, cooking demo, fashion parade (clothing made from hessian & wool bales!!!), sheepdog trials, farm machinery, etc, etc. I alternated wandering with sitting & back stretches. I wandered back through town on foot to capture the 4 churches – 1 well maintained, 1 tired, 1 severely cracked & 1 closed. Towering over all are the wheat silos. The next day I was tired and my back sore, but I felt so much better for getting out. I am aiming to be fitter for my next trip fortnight’s time, a weekend to Mt Gambier.
    I promised pics of my bus trip to Karoonda but most are on flickr, see here. You will need to scroll back thro’ pics & look for Wynarka & Karoonda. I can't post any here  - don't know why, am getting strange boxes. <sigh>

• Hi AQ: Glad you got away and hope back is well on the mend. I'll check out the pix of your trip after I've done some ironing!  :-(

• Morning, all!  Annette, it's Sunday April 5th - sorry.

It is a beautiful morning here and Limpy has gone to Minsmere.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning everyone - thanks ANNETTE

AQ - many thanks for the photos, I've already had a look and will go back again.

CLARE- it's a super morning here,too. I hope that LIMPY has a great day at Minsmere.

I think that OH will work outside again. He has just made a trellis for the front corner of the house and planted a climbing fuchsia. I didn't know that there was such a thing.

Have a good day,folks

• Nice to hear you managed the trip AQ and that you were a good girl following instructions.

• Love the card, LYNETTE!

Happy Easter Day x

• HAPPY EASTER DAY to all!

ANNETTE – thanks for starting us off again. I hope you are okay after your busy week and haven’t tired yourself out again as you did with the family party!

AQ – pleased you were well enough for the trip; I looked at your photos and thought the wee rural churches are the best. Do take care if you do Nanny Duty this week!

CLARE – I am sure Limpy will enjoy his day at Minsmere and that you and Helen will find something special to enjoy too.

HEATHER – climbing Fuchsia sounds spectacular!

LYNETTE – lovely Easter card – thankyou, and have a good day.

We woke up to mist here after the heat of yesterday. It is slowly thinning, but OH has to wait for dew to dry off, so is currently planting half the potatoes in bags, hoping to get the others in ground later. Meanwhile I should be ironing. Lunch is booked quite late after J gets home from church – he is playing bass in the band morning and evening.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• A HAPPY AND JOYFUL EASTER to EVERYONE.