Earlier this week Mark wrote a blog post on his last minute adventure to RSPB Snettisham to see a female snowy owl that had come in with the Beast from the East (also enjoying a brief stay at RSPB Titchwell Marsh). And in all honesty I’m very jealous.

Owls are a favourite amongst many down to their friendly faces and interesting abilities - namely being able to turn their heads 270 degrees. Not to mention the generation of people who are Harry Potter fanatics and have always wanted to see Hedwig in the wild. So, I repeat, the envy ensues.

Mark’s visit was met by other keen birders wishing to view the snowy owl in all her glory. Sue Stephenson-Martin being one of them. Using just her mobile phone she captured this amazing still of the snowy perched on a fence post basking in its fresh star status.

Seemingly unphased by visitors this snowy queen sits regally on her fence post throne. (Photo from Nature’s Home reader Sue Stephenson-Martin)

A beautiful shot, I think you’d agree, of a red list species rarely captured in southern UK and brought in by the Beast from the East. It goes to show that you can take amazing photos with just the technology in your pocket and a stunning subject. Thanks Sue for sharing your photo.

If you’d like to see your photo on the Nature’s Home blog or in the magazine please send them to natureshome@rspb.org.uk.

Emma