Canada Goose With Plumage Issues

I spotted this CG a few weeks ago, but with the laptop problems and the fact that my SD card froze again (lost a lot of movie clips but no photos) it is only now that I have the time and opportunity to upload some of the many photos that I took during late September and early October. Is this goose moulting? I saw two or three in the same condition and they seemed to be coping well enough. Didn't see any of them trying to fly. Anyone else seen this?

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi MC, I think the goose may be a hybrid - perhaps a canada x greylag.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• Hi Claire, what's the deal with those feathers?

• I've had a look at doggie's link and think he has found the answer re the feathers.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• That's very sad. These geese inhabit Three Kings Pond where they are fed an almost constant diet of bread. The RSPCA have an office next to the pond so maybe they will spot them. I wonder if anything at all can be done for them if they are captured? Now I have this information I will try to deter people from feeding them bread.

• I know, but it's surrounded by main roads and I wouldn't want them to be weakened and then hit by a car. I didn't realise how much damage it could do. Their diet at that location must be very much based on bread because there are several people who turn up daily with bags full of bread. The crows, ferals and even seagulls join in the feeding frenzy! I'll print off one of my photos and keep it with me to show them what can happen.

• That's a good idea, MC. There was a swan in the Castle Centre, Brechin, who had it and and couldn't fly. She was fed the wrong food when a youngster. It was sad to see her because she'll never have the freedom of the other swans.

There was a notice by the pond to tell people about the condition and what caused it. I'm sure anyone who saw the bird and read the notice would think twice about throwing bread to birds.