The Sea !

Hi all, don't know about you but the one place I love to be near is the sea, the one place I can sit for hours just watching it, the one place I feel at piece with myself and contemplate life itself.

I am no Photographer but here are a few I have taken quiet recently. Feel free to put your sea pictures on here.

I thank you ;-)

You can almost smell it.

Feed The Birds....not the cats!!!!

I know....my spelling's crap !!

• Some cracking photos there Robbo. I will have to sort a couple out. I too love the sea and fortunate to have a lighthouse quite near to us

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Unknown said:

dunno pal he's spent 250k on it so will be interesting to see

Just found out mate, it's a Dutch Barge so not one that I have seen.

• JudiM said:

Some cracking photos there Robbo. I will have to sort a couple out. I too love the sea and fortunate to have a lighthouse quite near to us

Thanks a lot Judi, I look forwards to seeing your pictures. Do you have any of your lighthouse ??

• Excellent photo's Robbo,

MarJus - there's a song in there somewhere ;)

Borderlass - You can stay in lighthouses? Really that would be awesome.

I've always had a thing for the offshore lighthouses, something mysterious about them, I'd love to visit the ones on the Atlantic Coast of Brittany, especially La Jument, the one made famous by the photographer Jean Guichard.

H

• Unknown said:

Thanks a lot Judi, I look forwards to seeing your pictures. Do you have any of your lighthouse ??

I don't Robbo but will make sure I get a couple for you next fine day. When its on your doorstep you take it for granted

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• H - you can stay in the one at Neist Point on Skye! ;-)

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• Oh Wow, that looks excellent, I could live there ;-)

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 10/08/2011 22:02 in reply to Big Robbo 27

Oh fab coastline

RS

• There's a fair few steps to get down the cliff (and back up again!!!!), then you have to follow that path all the way to the end! A winch is in situ to help with luggage etc...! Lol!

Where the path is close to the edge, you have fabulous views of nesting sea birds! Alas I found out that day that just the day before some minke whales had been spotted!! Always wanted to see whales of any kind!

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• Hi all,

Here's some sea pics from my recent holiday - the Baltic Sea, Palanga, Lithuania.

No drama here, but some nice light. Hope you like them.

Evening sunlight  -  (L to R) My wife's bro-in-law Linas, her cousin's son Daius

Linas

KIDS' PLAYTIME SERIES:-

(R to L) Mrs Jackdaw's cousin Milda, Mrs Jackdaw (Rasa), our nephew Marius, Milda's daughter Auska

Milda's ankle-biters (L to R) Daius and Auska (Marius, our nephew, in background)

Our nephew, Marius

Seriously thinking about trying harder!