The Sea !

Hi all, don't know about you but the one place I love to be near is the sea, the one place I can sit for hours just watching it, the one place I feel at piece with myself and contemplate life itself.

I am no Photographer but here are a few I have taken quiet recently. Feel free to put your sea pictures on here.

I thank you ;-)

You can almost smell it.

Feed The Birds....not the cats!!!!

I know....my spelling's crap !!

• Hope you are well on the way to a full recovery now Robbo. This thread has been theraputic to say the least.

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Unknown said:

I have marked this forum as "favorite" - my only favorite other than the one I use daily.

My husband  said "the ocean is always the same, but always different".  It has rolled in and out on a predictable schedule for past eons and will continue to do so into eternity.  Yet day by day, hour by hour it changes color, waves change size & intensity, what can be seen on or in or over it, or on the beach in front of it changes unpredictably.

Yes, the ocean (or sea as I notice you call it) IS good for the soul!

Hi June, a wonderful description of the Sea/Ocean. It's the one place I always feel at peace with and can sit on my own for hours just watching it.

• JudiM said:

Hope you are well on the way to a full recovery now Robbo. This thread has been theraputic to say the least.

Hi Judi, I'm getting there now thanks. All these pictures certainly makes me feel better ;-))

• Hi All,

Here's a picture of the sea, with a difference.  It was taken from Kilauea volcano in Hawaii back in 2000.

It was certainly an experience to go there, but this is why I fell in love with the sea:

and this:

Both taken in Cornwall.

Hope you are well soon, Robbo.

BW

Apple

Annie

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Einstein

• Hi apple, great pictures.

The 3rd one of the Bay in cornwall looks very peaceful, my kind of bay ;-)

• Just spent a couple of days on the Galloway coast. This is one of my special places where I spent many a happy day in the 1950s.

Rockcliffe

Kipford

As you can see, the weather was fairly grey!!

Jenni

God gave us two ears and one mouth for a very good reason!

• I recognise those views, Jenni!!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Yes Linda - I got there!! had a wonderfful time looking up all my favourite places and the two houses we lived in! Found the spot where my brother and I had our best "den". My OH really induged me on a very nostalgic trip!

Thanks for your help in getting me there!

Jenni

God gave us two ears and one mouth for a very good reason!

• Glad you didn't want the birds i.d.ing Jenni !!by the way the hotel you pm'd me about seems to close down at the end of Oct according to the web info so it may be back to square one again.I may try ringing them I may have misread the info.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Brilliant thread and some fantastic pictures.

I think this is your lighthouse Robbo