This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The Goodbye

What can I say Osprey fans!  My heart is in my mouth and down at my feet !  :(         But, :)

I am expecting the very very best for this wonderful family. The Girls have had the very best start in life. They are blessed as they have been such a blessing to us. Three new Ospreys to grace our world and Scotland in particular.

I shall always remember my first sight of a very very handsome Osprey which Richard told us was named Odin.  I so hope one of us has a REALLY GOOD picture of Odin 'cos I didn't do so well in trying to grab images of him off the STILL camera to paste into Word, pop into Photoshop to change into a jpg image that I could more usefully use. (Hopefully with Richards OK - I just want it for myself, not going to do anything commercial with it or whatever).

And I shall always remember that moment of epiphany when on that cold Scottish night EJ left the sleeping chicks in the nest (leaving me to give an internal gasp and wonder where she was going in the dark!)  to return with a 'baby blanket' of some flat organic material which she draped over baby Garten before settling to brood them all.

Then there is .......The Girls . How beautiful Rothes is, how handsome Mallachie is, (yes,I know she's a she but somehow 'beautiful' isn't quite right) - so good looking, Mallachie, so good looking, and precious Garten, you are so, so attractive little one. But, of course, you are not little any more but grown and graceful. A family to be proud of indeed, EJ and Odin.

I have a lump in my throat and my eyes are misty as I type this. So wish I was Dr Doolittle !!!    :)

Au revoir  - till I see you ALL again - cherrio (not goodbye),

• Tiger - THANK YOU  friend. It must be just great to be computer literate.

The camera hum died so I looked in on the live stream in wonder!! Oh boy. And found a Garten there (no back pack). She is REALLLY being thrown around by the wind. Just in case you don't know and give you a chance to liik in I'll post nowl

• Hello Cirrus yes I did see one girl on the nest but couldn't make out who it was.  Just to see someone was a treat after the barren day yesterday. 

• Hello.  I have just joined - what a privilege to be able to watch these wonderful birds.  I have also been watching the peregrine falcons in Brighton, so have had a summer of watching - through the wonders of the internet - activities I coulc only imagine before.

Is it exceptional to raise 3 chicks successfully?

I lived in Scotland in the 70's and remember taking my daughters to the Loch of the Lowes to see the ospreys there.  Watching them fish was just amazing.  My husband - a keen trout fisherman - was very envious of their success.

• Sure was Margobird,

We're havinvg a feast today . I left when the then current action was over to food shop and pay some bills and I'm sure you can imagine my joy when I return home and get online to be met by the glorious view of a Glorious Garten gulping down  a fish. (was hoping for some alliteration there but couldn't make it). Smile :)

Are you my friend? If not will you be?

• Welcome Loire

With a name like that you must be French or living in France or just really like the French. Peregrines now- second only to Ospreys !! but I'm not really sure about that. I once saw one stoop - over the Little Orme in Llandudno. My heart was captured from that moment. Yes, eat your heart out fishermen - Ospreys rule in the fishing domain !!!!   :)

• Hello again Cirrus I guess I have hit the jackpot today with sightings of our girls.  2 on the nest at the moment (7.20) and again is it Garten who is eating.  Would love to be your friend.  Have forgotten how to add people as friends so if you know please add me as your friend.  Instead of improving I seem to be getting more and more muddled.

• Cirrus have found out how to add you as a friend and have now done so.  I went to friends and there is an option to add as friend.  Probably won't remember the next itme I do it.  No wonder I feel exhausted I have been fiddling about for over half an hour trying to do it.  Oh to be young again.