Being spied upon

Just popped outside to bring in the feeder and this was pretty good

I expect some of you can name the plane?  Only passing over slowly (or else I wouldn't have got those shots)

Then my friend next door called me to look at the "super" moon

Yes it is a good sight.

• Lovely images Gaynor, wonderful colours!
  • Lovely pics Gaynor...you should look up more often when you go out to fetch the feeder ;-)
  • Fabulous photos Gaynor, and getting the contrails in the I guess the setting sun, just enhances the contrails with the nice pink shade.

Your supermoon photos are brilliant, and I love the one looking along the Nant Ffrancon Valley where it is peeking over the dragon's back, otherwise known as Tryfan.

• Great pics Gaynor and a reminder to us to look skywards at night too; it's funny as the moon also caught my attention last night as it passes right across the front balcony and was quite bright as it heads to full tonight; it has been pretty clear and free of clouds with the ongoing heatwave so we'll have to check out the sky tonight too ! thanks again for the lovely photos.
  • Thanks everybody, I tried again last night as it was as Hazy said, the full moon, but I didn't get the colour I wanted, you can see it was slightly misty when it emerged from the mountains.    I noticed Jupiter shone brightly as I was about to go to bed, so hopefully someone else has had good views.

What fabulous weather this is, a good number of Swallows around the house this afternoon.   Will put up a couple of photos later.