Thoughts on Spam

Just a quick though - if we just report the post and poster and don't comment it should hopefully disappear off the first/second/third page fairly fast given the speed of everything at the moment.

• Maybe just bump the other posts back up and relegate spam to page 2 +.       and not to add further comments to the spam posts now its been highlighted once again to the mods. 

• Well said Caroline, was just thinking the same especially as we now have three new posts taking up a big space on first page of index!
  • Finally off the 1st page for now...sorry for all the bumps but better than all that tripe!
  • I see the spam is all still here...Ridiculous!!!..Maybe cancelling my membership shall get their attention then again maybe not cos am just a nobody that gives them money every month :-(
  • I've been off grid for a few days, but was disgusted to see spam still around days after it was first reported. i've done my bit reporting the spammers, who must be having a laugh at the forums expense.......

I also have no email notifications......

• It was my understanding after the great Spam incidents of previous years that they had established a system whereby if sufficient people reported a post as Spam then it would automatically disappear - things seem to have changed since then.
  •  It has been happening  on this community for years now: I don't expect anything to change. Many long forum members left for that reason and nothimg has ever changed as many other on here over the years. I'm very pessimistic anything will ever change now.

• Unknown said:

It has been happening  on this community for years now: I don't expect anything to change. Many long forum members left for that reason and nothimg has ever changed as many other on here over the years. I'm very pessimistic anything will ever change now.

Over the years I've joined many forums, and spam was a problem there as well, so it's not new nor is it unique to here.

Having done interviews with prospective employees with previous employers, it's not easy even when interviewing, even with all the hype-tech guidelines available, to accurately gauge suitable applicants, and here is no different. I've seen many taken on based on the interview performance, and they've been far from ideal.

• Michael B said:

THOMO said:

It has been happening  on this community for years now: I don't expect anything to change. Many long forum members left for that reason and nothimg has ever changed as many other on here over the years. I'm very pessimistic anything will ever change now.

Over the years I've joined many forums, and spam was a problem there as well, so it's not new nor is it unique to here.

Having done interviews with prospective employees with previous employers, it's not easy even when interviewing, even with all the hype-tech guidelines available, to accurately gauge suitable applicants, and here is no different. I've seen many taken on on the interview performance, and they've been far from ideal.

Except on all the other UK Forums i use there are at least moderators either with names or unnamed. But at least there is someone who will at least reply to anyone. At the RSPB there iis someone who will reply to anyone on Facebook or Twitter. And that’s the way things are going generally. More people now use Twitter and Facebook than Forums. Many might not like. But that is true!