Is the forum broke, again!

It's taken over ten minutes just to open up the dialogue box!

It’s taking forever to load posts.....

• There may be overnight works going on, coz when I've been on before work (4:30 ish) it's been really slow, but mid morning and later it seems back to "normal"
  • Thumbsup

PB 04;30!

There was me thinking only I was awake around that time of a morning.....  Grin

Even managed to get my Summer Solstice Sunrise piccie, not that it was overly spectacular

• Michael B said:

Everything is broken,   the railways, the NHS, the economy.   LOL.  

It was like Friday 13th today,  first the forum,  then we went to venture out to Fernlea Reservoir, Goyt Valley only to find the sat nav code listed on a website was wrong by 3 miles sending us narrow lane and to a dead end with farm and then once I found another Sat Nav location we got within a mile only to find the route was. "road closed". ......but hinted that we could get through to the Goyt Valley ............went a little further and whole road was totally blocked so after an hour and half and 40 miles we decided to head in the direction of home stopping off for a much needed coffee.  LOL.       Will try somewhere else on Thursday.   !!     

• Unknown said:
    Michael B said:

Everything is broken,   the railways, the NHS, the economy.   LOL.  

It was like Friday 13th today,  first the forum,  then we went to venture out to Fernlea Reservoir, Goyt Valley only to find the sat nav code listed on a website was wrong by 3 miles sending us narrow lane and to a dead end with farm and then once I found another Sat Nav location we got within a mile only to find the route was. "road closed". ......but hinted that we could get through to the Goyt Valley ............went a little further and whole road was totally blocked so after an hour and half and 40 miles we decided to head in the direction of home stopping off for a much needed coffee.  LOL.       Will try somewhere else on Thursday.   !!     

If it wasn't so true, I could laugh my head orf !!!!  Grinning

I know Fernilee, having walked around Errwood and Goyts Moss. You could try Errwood Reservoir on the satnav, which is literally across the road from Fernilee.

I'll give you a laugh, coming home from Conwy last Friday (report and photos yet to be started), there had been a serious crash on the A41 just north of M54 J3, and my satnav wanted to send me back toward the A5, which was also closed for some bridge replacement job.

Not knowing the area that well, the very helpful Highways Agency Officer suggested a nice, short route, which only added a couple of miles to my journey, and got me where I needed to be, with no hassle.

• No wonder sat nav didn't work, I had the wrong spelling. LOL. it still wouldn't have worked as the website route map gave wrong direction so much better to have used Errwood as you say. Glad you got home safely from Conwy with the help of the HAO. look forward to your post in due course.
  • Sorry I’m late to the thread. I was in a rush to get ready for someone who might turn up early and they did. They picked me up and I went to 2 places before going to there house and then comeing back in the evening. The website defanatly was very slow. I thought look at the RSPB community before i have ti get ready but the website took forever to load the website So I didn’t have time to wait. It is defiantly working now cause it loaded strait away
  • Zo Clark said:
    Sorry I’m late to the thread. I was in a rush to get ready for someone who might turn up early and they did. They picked me up and I went to 2 places before going to there house and then comeing back in the evening. The website defanatly was very slow. I thought look at the RSPB community before i have ti get ready but the website took forever to load the website So I didn’t have time to wait. It is defiantly working now cause it loaded strait away

No apology required Zo.

It was slow again this morning, so my guess there's some tech stuff being undertaken at night, and possibly early morning, being the quietest times from a business perspective.