In search of a sunrise, misty fields, redwings and more

Thursday, a nice frosty start, white ground, clear sky and cold....

Twas still dark at 07:00 as I scraped the ice from the windows to take a drive out to a spot where I would see all of the above title.....

08:10 (sunrise was 08:11) even the sheep were still slumbering!

The fence post by me had nice patterns on the cobwebs around the top...

The sun was starting to get near the tree tops of Hay Wood (I really must take another walk there)

A robin in a nearby tree was singing in the morning, in a cheerful manner.

The sheep were slowly waking and starting to think about breakie

I'm watching ewe (uh oh! am I to be breakie!)

Even the redwings were out grabbing heir breakies....

Though the sunrise time had past by around 25 minutes, the sun was still trying to get above the tree tops of Hay Wood, but a nice warm looking glow was appearing on the trees by me.

It was incredibly warm, so warm I had to keep my gloves on!

And the sun was starting to rise above the tree tops of Hay Wood

and one with the star 6 filter...

Now the glow was starting to take effect.

and time for some spooky mist.....Scream   Ghost  

and a yellow blue tit!

The three wise trees,

• See nowt
  • Hear nowt
  • Say nowt

Another robin singing away

and some more redwings

and finally looking back down the path that had been spooky mist covered earlier

• I'm always amazed by how quickly the light goes from the grey of a not quite risen sun, to the gorgeous oranges and golds (and in spring/summer on to the harsh blinding wash-out white light!)

Lovely captures of the "golden 23 and a half minutes" Joy

• Brrrghhh, certainly looks very chilly out there Mike so well done you braving the early morning cold to bring us these lovely photos. Nice to see. the Redwings, beautiful little thrush birds
  • Don't you just love a cold crisp morning..well in pictures anyhow lol..well done braving the cold Mike for a lovely sunrise....cracking shots of the redwings aswell.
  • PimperneBloke said:

I'm always amazed by how quickly the light goes from the grey of a not quite risen sun, to the gorgeous oranges and golds (and in spring/summer on to the harsh blinding wash-out white light!)

Lovely captures of the "golden 23 and a half minutes" 

It is fascinating to watch, and as you say, it doesn't take long. You can miss the best part in less than a second some days. Its also fascinating watching the sun actually rising, and at times, it is just like you see on the TV, and it can be as fast.

• Unknown said:
    Brrrghhh, certainly looks very chilly out there Mike so well done you braving the early morning cold to bring us these lovely photos. Nice to see. the Redwings, beautiful little thrush birds

It was a wee bit fresh, but I was togged up, my merino wool base layer, decent gloves, the choob keeping my neck warm and plugging the gap between the coat and neck, plus a beanie.

Oh, and a flask of hot choccie...

Baddesley is probably one of the few guaranteed places locally to see redwings, and they do look beautiful.

• Linda257 said:
    Don't you just love a cold crisp morning..well in pictures anyhow lol..well done braving the cold Mike for a lovely sunrise....cracking shots of the redwings aswell.

I'm just barmy, I love being out there when everyone else stays in, even camping out in the snow!

My winter sleeping bag is good down to -22ºC!

• A beautiful set of photos from an atmospheric frosty morning. Those early morning skies change so quickly as the sun rises, most mornings so quickly it's all over before I get up.Thinking

Well done on the effort of getting out and about early enough to experience it on my behalf.

Thank you,

Trevor

• TJS said:

A beautiful set of photos from an atmospheric frosty morning. Those early morning skies change so quickly as the sun rises, most mornings so quickly it's all over before I get up.

Well done on the effort of getting out and about early enough to experience it on my behalf.

Thank you,

Trevor

I'm ready for my mid-morning break by the current sunrise times!

I guess having to get up at 04:00 every day for years, plus working on farms as a teenager with the morning milking starting at 06:00 or thereabouts, has emboss its mark in my body clock, even still now in retirement I still wake for an 04:00 get up, and have to, or Mrs PR throttles me for being restless. I've never been one for a lie in.