Burton Mere Screens Removed

The following text is from an email sent to me and I understand the photo is from one of the staff at Burton Mere

How cool is this? We always planned to remove this screening once the reeds matured, and over the next week it will be finished to leave a lovely open stroll to Bridge screen.

#SaturdayMorning

• nice one Mike, thanks for the update and good to see the willow fence removed now that the reeds have grown :).    Might head over there on Wednesday as weather looks not too bad.

• You're welcome.

Tomorrow and Thursday are looking good weather wise, sadly I'm on parcel duty tomorrow, Mrs PR is working and has a new tab being delivered, or I'd be up there.

But hopefully I'll be up there in the not too distant future.

• All plans changed now Mike and we're heading to LM again for 6 nights ;) Travelodge for £27.95 pn (apart from Saturday night which is £39,95 that night so can't beat less than £200 for 6 nights !
  • Unknown said:
    All plans changed now Mike and we're heading to LM again for 6 nights ;) Travelodge for £27.95 pn (apart from Saturday night which is £39,95 that night so can't beat less than £200 for 6 nights !

That is a good price, you'd be mad not to go, enjoy LM

• We've just checked in, motel very quiet :) good room at the back upstairs at the end of the corridor so no passing foot traffic :) Just had a brief trip to LM, lovely afternoon here but only did a quick recce outside the back of the visitor centre and Lilian's hide. Plenty of waterfowl around: shovelers, teal, pintail, snipe, and spotted the female Marsh harrier hunting for dinner !