Leighton Moss Meet-up 2022

Hello everyone.  We are hoping to book our holiday cottage for our usual visit to Wales following the Leighton Moss meet-up so which week do folks prefer for meeting at LM--possibly the week of Friday 17 June to Friday 24 June or the week after that, Friday the 24 June to Friday 1 July in 2022?  As previously, we would only be at LM for parts of a few days in whichever week, and I expect some of you would do the same or be there for the whole week--up to you of course.  Please have a quick look at your calendars and post here--because the two weeks following those weeks are still available to book a cottage we like the look of in Wales, and we'd best book something quickly or miss out!  Hope to see everyone this year if possible, and a few new forumates joining us at LM for a meet-up for some of that time would be lovely, too.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks Hazy, it has been glorious here today, the hottest day so far, just come in from watering the garden!!! That's a job you don't have to worry about these days which I'm sure you don't miss :-)

Lot to learn

• We were hoping to get a good view of the moon last night but it was blocked out by smoke. A large field of wheat caught fire while being cut looked quite horrific from where we live,about half a mile away. The arial shots look like a battlefield thankfully nobody was injured

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Wendy S said:
    A large field of wheat caught fire while being cut looked quite horrific from where we live,about half a mile away. The arial shots look like a battlefield thankfully nobody was injured

Oh my goodness Pete,   glad nobody was injured, sounded quite frightening when quite close to home.     Been so dry recently, I'm not surprised fires start.  

Regards, Hazel 

• I recall a farmer I once worked for, who would often recite the first two lines of that poem:

"What is this life if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare"

• I had a gaffer like that one Mike but the miserable old beggar soo moaned if we stopped to stare threatened to dock our money

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can