Leighton Moss Meet-up 2022

Hello everyone.  We are hoping to book our holiday cottage for our usual visit to Wales following the Leighton Moss meet-up so which week do folks prefer for meeting at LM--possibly the week of Friday 17 June to Friday 24 June or the week after that, Friday the 24 June to Friday 1 July in 2022?  As previously, we would only be at LM for parts of a few days in whichever week, and I expect some of you would do the same or be there for the whole week--up to you of course.  Please have a quick look at your calendars and post here--because the two weeks following those weeks are still available to book a cottage we like the look of in Wales, and we'd best book something quickly or miss out!  Hope to see everyone this year if possible, and a few new forumates joining us at LM for a meet-up for some of that time would be lovely, too.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

• Sorry you can't make it this time Pete but good luck with the eye appointment and grandson duties; glad to hear you are getting in some good birding Tern wise and this weather is a bonus. Think it may be changeable next week but sunny spells in between so not complaining - at least I will be able to see the birds a lot easier this time and still have my handy eagle-eyed spotter with me in case I miss any LOL.
  • Unknown said:
    Hi Mike, sorry to hear your leg is giving you more problems and hope the doctors can sort it out quickly for you; it will be great to see you if you manage to get up to LM so good luck.

I think for this year, LM will sadly be off my list.

I've just found out my son has booked a full on weekend at Silverstone for the F1, along with things taking a backward turn on my leg. It isn't new, its a regular event, With the help of my wife, it can managed, but it also means not going out.

The booking was supposed to be a surprise until nearer the time as a belated Fathers Day pressie, and a thank you for the support I've given him in retaining his house after his partner walked out, so my priority is to get things as near right as I can for the weekend. In view of the hosp appt still yet to be conf, he had to let me know so I don't end up double booking myself.

So I don't want to let him down.

I sincerely hope all goes well, the weather behaves and everyone has a good time.

• Michael B said:

completely understand Mike,   it's been a difficult two and half years for everyone without added commitments and trying to get medical appointments, etc,    I still feel very far away from the old "normal" life we used to lead and guess we are all living with a "new kind of normal" doing our best to get back into daily life and catching up with all things things we had to put off during the pandemic.   

Really sorry we won't see you at LM but as you say, another time and we can always catch up at Burton Mere or Parkgate when you get free time.     

• Sorry that we will not be seeing either of you, Pete and Mike, but family comes first, of course. Hope your leg settles down soon, Mike, in time for your 'surprise' trip! Fingers crossed that we will all be able to be at LM next summer!
  • Unknown said:

Michael B said:

completely understand Mike,   it's been a difficult two and half years for everyone without added commitments and trying to get medical appointments, etc,    I still feel very far away from the old "normal" life we used to lead and guess we are all living with a "new kind of normal" doing our best to get back into daily life and catching up with all things things we had to put off during the pandemic.   

Really sorry we won't see you at LM but as you say, another time and we can always catch up at Burton Mere or Parkgate when you get free time.     

Definitely.

• Unknown said:
    Sorry that we will not be seeing either of you, Pete and Mike, but family comes first, of course. Hope your leg settles down soon, Mike, in time for your 'surprise' trip! Fingers crossed that we will all be able to be at LM next summer!

Likewise, and thank you.

• Three of us have arrived, Mike & I drove up this morning arriving 8.30am & MC just arrived by train from London. Those who have yet to travel pack your thermals lol. Feeling a bit chill with wind & birds hunkering down. Strong winds & intermittent showers for couple of days so warm waterproof needed. I have no camera gear with me so only mobile for close ups. Waiting in cafe for my latte ! .

• Thanks, Hazel, glad to hear you two and MC have arrived. Fingers crossed we will manage to meet you for lunch on Wednesday. Hope you brought your thermals as well--lol! Are there any canopies. brollies or such set up over tables outside or is the wind too strong for those? Or will everyone be huddling in a crowded cafe?! With infections increasing it is a bit concerning but perhaps the weather will improve so we can sit outside.
  • Looking forward to any posts & pics you manage, have a great time everyone!

• Enjoy it Hazel, both the latte, cold by now no doubt, and your overdue visit to the Moss. I hope the updated bionic eyes are well focused inBlush