Focus Optics (Corley, Coventry) Closing!

A local optics and clothing outlet Focus Optics is shutting its doors for good today. I've known Tim the owner, and his wife a good many years and will be sorry to see the business close, however, I wish Tim and his wife a long and happy retirement.

One of the many features I liked about Focus Optics, was they had a mini reserve, and the optics shop was situated so you could try optics out looking on to the reserve, and what better way to try a new optic out before buying.

I only found out this morning as I needed to pop in and buy some gear, well, its wet and its retail therapy, so it was good to catch up on the gossip.

Apart from being a local optics outlet for me, some of you may have used them in the past, so I wanted to share the info with you.

• Thats bad news but maybe not surprising in the current climate. People are always advised to try optics before buying but it is getting harder to do so nowadays and special offers in magazines make mail order very attractive
  • It is bad news alround.

I fear Covid19 has pushed many folk further away from what proper living, if that's the right terminology, relying on being spoon fed rather than learning to go out and get, the hunting methodology. For a lot of stuff, particularly clothes, I prefer to see before I buy, especially with my mangled leg, and that is getting increasingly harder to do around here....

However, as far as retirement is concerned, its good that Tim and his wife are both retiring in good health so they can enjoy their hard earned retirement