Springwatch 2021

Well some of the best wildlife tv has just finished it's three week stint and that will be it on main tv channels until Autumnwatch, I presume a lot of us watched and I wondered what peoples views were. For me the wildlife itself was the star of the show followed as usual by the camera crews. It was good to get back to something resembling the old set up with less restrictions than the last watches. For someone like myself interested in raptors it was good to see quite a few items about these birds but what were your favourite bits ?

• What i have being disappointed in recent years are the reduction in the hours of the live webcams from broadcasting from 24 hours a day for 3 weeks to this year hours of the live webcams from 10.00am-10.00pm and there has been a gradual reduction in those hours until just 12 hours a day this year. Also there was Springwatch Unsprung behind the BBC’s red button after BBC Springwatch lasting 30 minutes. Even though most of us can guess the reason why. Lots of the public have asked why. It would be nice if the BBC did reply and give an answer. Even though i can guess the reason why. And the biggest thing i do miss is Mrs T(Claire) the senior moderator for many on this forum for many years and her nightly fun poll during Springwatch that was really enjoyable and i do miss those days on the RSPB’s Community Forum

• Ian, I think quite a few of us enjoyed MrsT's quizzes about the watch programmes but that is long gone. In the early watch programmes I enjoyed both Bill Oddie and Kate Humble as presenters but the camera work in the recent years has improved fantastically which really makes the series very watchable
  • Funnily enough, it was the first year I’d watched it this year. I really enjoyed the format of the program, exploring all the sides of nature; I like the upbeat but relaxed tone throughout, I’m glad it’s not too serious. However, I didn’t really like the black headed gull storyline with Gillian, thought it was a little bit boring. Her other segments were pretty interesting though. Overall, my favourite part was the raptor section too, really interesting. Thanks
  • Hi

I miss Mrs T :(

As it is literally on my local patch this year I didn't watch anyway

S