Great excitement yesterday for Catlady!

• Excellent! I wonder where they've been hiding all this time. Hope they stay in the area for you

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks everyone, well no sign of them since. I had contacted an ornithologist friend to report the sighting, he told me that although quite rare to have them here, they had been seen on occasion further up the village and in the local woodland a mile away! Now that they have found my food source, fingers crossed they return.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Wonderful news, Catlady! LTTs are such delightful little birds and I hope they visit you again. Seeing them in the garden is often a matter of luck since they never stay long. You have to be looking out at just the right few seconds or you will miss them but they do visit several times per day, usually in groups but we have seen birds apparently on their own. Those we've seen over several decades eat only from our fat/suet block feeders and ignore everything else.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Really pleased for you Catlady I was so exited every time I saw a bird I had not seen before but when I saw a barn owl that really took some beating for me.
    Have you got the champagne out yet ? Lol
  • In reply to i love robins:

Not yet ILR!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Lynn L said:
    Thanks everyone, well no sign of them since. I had contacted an ornithologist friend to report the sighting, he told me that although quite rare to have them here, they had been seen on occasion further up the village and in the local woodland a mile away! Now that they have found my food source, fingers crossed they return.

They'll be back, keep the feed out for them.

We find here they seem to prefer the suet pellets and suet balls.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler