Red Letter Day

Actually it should be headed Red Kite Day, today was day for my first Covid vaccination with my appointment being at the Great Yorkshire Show ground about 12 miles away. This is a bit of a hotspot for local Red Kites. We had great views of 5 birds floating around in the sunshine. The vaccination went extremely well great effort by local NHS and volunteers you all deserve a medal !!. As we were back home in good time we visited our local wetlands as the flood water had gone down and added Pintail and Goosander to our year list. It has certainly been a Red Letter day.

• Pleased you've had your first jab, Pete. I think it's impressive how well organised these events have been. The volunteers have done a great job with marshalling as well of course the medics.
    Nothing like combining the vaccination with a bit of bird watching.
  • Really pleased to hear you had your vaccine Pete - was it the Oxford/AZ one ? Nice you were able to do a spot of birdwatching too and bonus to add Pintail and Goosander to your list already. We have goosanders, Madarins and Wigeons on our local mere but no Pintails !