Possible concerns about the woodland trust

http://markavery.info/2021/01/15/whats-up-with-woodland-trust/

This is very worrying and concerning news from Mark Avery former director of conservation at the RSPB about the woodland trust and the concern of the woodland trusts members.

Regards,

Ian.

• This is indeed worrying. I hope the worst hasn't happened.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• They are still tweeting as normal twitter.com/WoodlandTrust

My Flickr photos

• According to their online shop, the website is experiencing technical difficulties!

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

The worrying thing is there have been problems now lasting for over 4 weeks with members of the woodland trust that still haven't received there orders from the online shop and despite enquiries by members, no one from the woodland trust has replied. Also possible new woodland trust members haven’t been able to join as members. There are a lot of worried members at the present moment of the woodland trust. I’m not a member, as you can’t be a member of every wildlife and conservation charity. But I hope everything is ok at the woodland trust.

Regards,

Ian.

• Staff may have been furloughed to save money?
  • In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    Staff may have been furloughed to save money?

I was about to say the same.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Possibly! But for those members, who haven’t had any news what’s happening, it will be worrying. I have been talking as well before Christmas 2020 at my local Wildfowl and Wetland Trust reserve that a number of staff are worried about possible new objectives that the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust might be going to undertake and of lots of conservationists are worried about certain things being talked about within the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust over the short term and possibly longer.

Regards,

Ian.

• They have been posting on Facebook the last few days, since the "technical problems".

Richard B

• They have been posting on Facebook and Instagram on a daily basis. Last post was 10 hours ago.

Cin J

• I'd have thought facebook and instagram posts will be written from home either while fully paid, or while furloughed. The online shopping issue clearly can't be dealt with from home.