Possible concerns about the woodland trust

http://markavery.info/2021/01/15/whats-up-with-woodland-trust/

This is very worrying and concerning news from Mark Avery former director of conservation at the RSPB about the woodland trust and the concern of the woodland trusts members.

• This is indeed worrying. I hope the worst hasn't happened.
  • According to their online shop, the website is experiencing technical difficulties!

• The worrying thing is there have been problems now lasting for over 4 weeks with members of the woodland trust that still haven't received there orders from the online shop and despite enquiries by members, no one from the woodland trust has replied. Also possible new woodland trust members haven’t been able to join as members. There are a lot of worried members at the present moment of the woodland trust. I’m not a member, as you can’t be a member of every wildlife and conservation charity. But I hope everything is ok at the woodland trust.

• Possibly! But for those members, who haven’t had any news what’s happening, it will be worrying. I have been talking as well before Christmas 2020 at my local Wildfowl and Wetland Trust reserve that a number of staff are worried about possible new objectives that the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust might be going to undertake and of lots of conservationists are worried about certain things being talked about within the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust over the short term and possibly longer.

• They have been posting on Facebook the last few days, since the "technical problems".
  • They have been posting on Facebook and Instagram on a daily basis. Last post was 10 hours ago.
  • This has been released by the Woodland Trust.
    I think it explains a lot, read the article on the link below

www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/.../

• Thank you for the update Richard, cyber crime/fraud seems to be on a huge increase and it is worrying to hear that Woodland Trust members may have had their details hacked; I do support Woodland Trust but only through my Marks and Spencer Sparks account and no personal details would have been given by M & S to WT as they only give a general contribution from customers as a whole but these are worrying times when anything we support or do has to be carefully carried out and observed, like constantly checking bank accounts for any signs of fraud. We had a fraudulent attempt via another method of dipping into our post-box at our last house to gain enough details to set up a credit card in our name but fortunately we try to be on the ball and spotted it before things went further. Our neighbours were not so lucky and one had £70,000 taken. Moral of the story, always keep a constant check on bank accounts, don't open emails that look suspicious or contain attachments and don't answer any phone call where you don't recognise the number. What a sad world we live in eh ? :(