Thoughts on Leighton Moss meet up 2021

• Good. I've just called them and changed the booking. Now arriving on Saturday June 26th and departing on Thursday July 1st (5 nights). I've got room 6 again.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• I've not booked anything yet either but will wait to see which dates which suit most forumates and will hopefully have a better idea on the situation regarding the pandemic control. Pity the cottage we used to rent is now sold :(

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• The RSPB should have bought it and rented it out to LM visitors.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

monkeycheese said:
    The RSPB should have bought it and rented it out to LM visitors.

we should have all clubbed together and bought it   LOL 

post edit:   we used to stay at the Travelodge which we found very clean  (that was pre having to implement covid rigorous cleaning so would have to be more convinced this time round ! )    and here are the current rates which look very good (NON REFUNDABLE rate which is the cheapest  ):      It is around ten mins drive from LM 

• Sun 27th Jun 21£29.99
    • Mon 28th Jun 21£34.99
    • Tue 29th Jun 21£39.99
    • Wed 30th Jun 21£39.99
    Total:
    £144.96

Regards, Hazel 

• Hi

having cancelled a trip to the Farne Islands two years running I'm hoping to get there one day but not booking anything solid yet. Just getting to my local patch would be nice !

S - year list stuck on 60!

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• It looks like Jim wont be joining us this year with him being busy www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-politics-55678267

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan:

Alternatively, that may be just the time I would want to leave the area!!

Nige   Flickr

• Are you ready for Leighton Moss Ann & Mr GB ? we might be the only ones from the forum on the reserve this coming week but really looking forward to getting back there after 18 long months. If any one else on the forum is planning on LM this coming week (Monday - Friday for Mike and I) you'll find us ordering our bacon or sausage and egg bap (or barmcakes as we call them in the north ! ) in the cafe LOL or else feeding robins somewhere on the reserve ;)
    Pity the situation is still difficult with the pandemic but we'll make up for it with a proper meet up at a later date. Stay safe all and see you soon Ann & J.
    Note to LM cafe;; make sure you order in the sausages, eggs, bacon and cakes for this week :) !!!

Regards, Hazel 

• I would love this Hazel but I don't think we are up to meets at the moment. We are even stay clear of local club events though Chris tried one on Friday morning which was good for her socially. On the better note we haver booked a cottage in Bamburgh,Northumberland for October which will be good for Holy Island

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to HAZY:

Just saw this thread--yup, Hazel, we plan to be there at LM on Wednesday. Ever so slightly stressed, having not packed to go anywhere in nearly two years--where did I put everything?! But looking forward to seeing you and Mike and LM (and anyone else who turns up--sorry you cannot join us, Pete and Chris).

Paul, if you see this note and your plans have not changed from earlier posts, we will miss out on seeing you this time, unfortunately. We had to go with this week at LM rather than next week because the cottage we'd booked for last year in Wales (where we go for my 'Osprey fix' after the meet-up!) could not roll over to the later week--that was already booked by someone else. Hence, we'd best start thinking of a second meet-up before next June to make up for having missed out in 2020! Where would you like to go next? Might be nice to see another reserve.
    About your Kingston Peregrine, Cedric was not at the event on the Friday before last, but Mr GB heard the bad news about your Peregrine when he next went in to the Hawk Conservancy. So sorry to hear about that but these things happen, sadly: did you get it back? Hope all is well with the rest of the Peregrine family--haven't had time to check most threads and nests which I normally see, sorry.
    I have not yet seen it, but MR GB says there is a new short video on the HCT website and/or Facebook page about a different Peregrine with a damaged wing. They have produced and are still making lots of short videos about their birds and the work they do; they are well worth seeing.

Kind regards, 

Ann