Thoughts on Leighton Moss meet up 2021

Assuming we are out of lockdown by the summer what are the plans if any for a meet up again?

Anyone got any dates in mind?

My Flickr photos

• We need something to look forward to Alan and each year Paul (MC) has usually suggested a date starting around the 3rd Saturday (or 3rd week) in June. Goodness knows what the future holds as I guess it really does depend on how effective these vaccines are to protect the most vulnerable people but we could at least aim for a date based on previous years .......... either 19th or 26th June. I am happy to go with the consensus. Of course, a lot can happen between now and then so we'd have to book somewhere to stay that would guarantee money back cancellation !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I've just looked at the 19th till 25th at the same AirBnB i stayed at last time Hazel, it is obviously free now but I've seen stories of people starting to book holidays in the hope of the lockdown ending by the summer.
    I'll text Paul to see if he has any dates in mind.

My Flickr photos

• Paul is happy doing 19th till 24th.

edit Paul has had to book 23rd till 28th at the silverdale hotel

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan:

I can't give an answer now I don't know were I will be but hopefully Cornwall so it would be like going on holiday going to the Moss :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• As Alan has said, I have booked 5 nights at the Silverdale Hotel from Wednesday 23rd to Monday 28th June. I have also arranged somewhere for Quo (my post PMV pigeon) to stay for the same period of time. Fingers crossed...

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• I'll mark the dates, but I'm not booking anything yet, this or otherwise ...

Nige   Flickr

• I can cancel the hotel booking with just a couple of days notice. There are only 6 rooms and as I'm (potentially) travelling from London, I don't want to take any chances. I like my creature comforts and I have already stayed at the hotel on two previous occasions. Also, I don't drive, so having accommodation within walking distance is a plus. I'll have to look into the refund policy regarding train tickets (just in case), but that's several months off.
    This is all provisional at the moment and might all be cancelled, but it does give one something positive on which to focus.

• Thanks, Alan. The hotel we have stayed in has rolled over last year's missed booking to this. All being well at LM (and in the whole country!) and if enough time has elapsed after our last vaccine injections, we hope to be at LM for a couple of days toward the end of June, that's Wed, Thurs, and possibly Friday morning, 23, 24 and morning of the 25th.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Looks like I might have to change my booking to start on Saturday 26th for 5 nights. I'd overlooked the fact that I'd have to cross London during the rush hour and would also have to pay peak rate fares on a Wednesday morning. If I get the same time train on a Saturday I can get a first class ticket for about £60 (and therefore get a single open seat) as well as not having to deal with the rush hour. I'll see if I can do this. Sorry.

• I've not booked anything yet so I'm flexible.

My Flickr photos