Lockdown photos of 2021

Many of you will have seen my garden photo thread from last year: "Post Furlough Return To Work....", and to save a thread getting too long, I  thought I'd set up one for 2021. I was hoping to make it a retirement thread, but alas, that was thwarted at the last minute just before Xmas, but nature and life still continues, and so shall I....

So here it is. The light has been, well, yuk for any decent photos, but to start things off, a few snow scenes from the garden from last Friday.

A generaly view of the garden.

The chimera, complete with coconut shell full of mealworms, which often provides good viewing, but not this day....

The established erysimum

Last years erysimum and lavender

Stay safe folks, there will be wildlife photos here soon, lockdown or no lockdown....

• Sorry Mike , just catching up...Good to hear you retirement starts very soon, Spring in your garden is certainly coming on leaps and bounds.....Lovely to see all your visitors and even a wee waggie!
  • Hi Mike great photos and nice to see your flowers on the way, it won’t be long now. And congratulations on your upcoming retirement.
  • Freddy is a classic!
    Enjoy your retirement now it is finally fixed
  • Michael B said:
    Retirement starts this coming weekend

Congratulations on your up and coming retirement Mike and just in time as spring is arriving and the gradual steps of easing lockdown until we can finally get rid of the chains,   all the best to you and yours.    

• Thank you all for the good wishes.

A few post retirement photos.

OK, this just had to have another airing: "A new dawn and a new era"......

OK, I'm not sure what has been going on, though I've heard of wellie wanging, but this looks like tyre wanging, and quite high up in a nearby trree!

An urban sunset to end the day.

Our regular crow visitors were enjoying monkey nuts!

Not just one....

But two!

We have two great tits with crossed mandibles. Sadly the photo of the other didn't come out, but both were together on the same branch. Probably young from one I'd seen last year, I don't know.

The lollipops were busy on the suet pellet feeder

Bottoms up!

Collared dove

Wood pigeon and collared dove, hoping for the same food...

More of the single collared dove

This was a lucky shot, I expected the AF to do battle with the apple tree at the edge, but it locked nicely on to the collared dove as it flexed its wings

The ever photogenic robin

Always around for a piccie as well, blue tits...

And finally, a clear photo of a crow.

Stay safe every one

• Great set Mike and its always interesting to watch the corvids; I remember watching the crow in our last garden carefully selecting and then stacking the food as it went off to collect more to add to the pile and returning to place them back in manageable and particular order again before taking them off to cache !! I used to throw out different sized chunks of cheese to test him LOL
  • Another lovely set Mike I liked the crow with its nuts and the long tailed tit, in fact they were all really nice photos.
  • Another lovely set Mike. Ano am often wrong but can I ask if you great tit in the pic is actually a coal tit. Am probably wrong again lol.
    Lovely to see the LTTs still around , Mrs PR shall be happy Wink
  • Happy retirement Mike, enjoy every minute, fill all your days with fun. I wish you good health and happiness for all the years ahead.

Could not resist the funny one! CL.

• Some lovely shots. And even the sun came out to celebrate your retirement!