Lockdown photos of 2021

Many of you will have seen my garden photo thread from last year: "Post Furlough Return To Work....", and to save a thread getting too long, I  thought I'd set up one for 2021. I was hoping to make it a retirement thread, but alas, that was thwarted at the last minute just before Xmas, but nature and life still continues, and so shall I....

So here it is. The light has been, well, yuk for any decent photos, but to start things off, a few snow scenes from the garden from last Friday.

A generaly view of the garden.

The chimera, complete with coconut shell full of mealworms, which often provides good viewing, but not this day....

The established erysimum

Last years erysimum and lavender

Stay safe folks, there will be wildlife photos here soon, lockdown or no lockdown....

• Lovely snowy scenes Mike...not sure any of my plants will survive after the deep freeze!
  • Good to see your garden again Mike looking picturesque with the recent snowfall and the amazing Erysimum which I always found such a good value perennial as it flowers on and on and attracts butterflies and hoverflies in the summer months. Sorry your retirement has to wait a bit longer but enjoy the garden birds and other wildlife when you can.
  • Linda257 said:
    Lovely snowy scenes Mike...not sure any of my plants will survive after the deep freeze!

Thank you Linda, though we're not as well blessed down here with the snow as you guys are up there.

• Unknown said:
    Good to see your garden again Mike looking picturesque with the recent snowfall and the amazing Erysimum which I always found such a good value perennial as it flowers on and on and attracts butterflies and hoverflies in the summer months. Sorry your retirement has to wait a bit longer but enjoy the garden birds and other wildlife when you can.

Thank you Hazel.

I'd be lost without our garden, As for the retirement, its one of those things, I'm just hoping either the same offer will be made again soon, and hopefully it'll be more successful. One can only hope.....

• After wee bit of a potter around the garden this morning, (Sun 17th), the sun made a brilliant appearance, perfect for photography, so it was check and top up the feeders, and set the camera up at the bottom of the garden to get the best of the sun.

I took far too many photos, and had fun sorting them this afternoon, so here's a few to whet the appetite....

The pond fountain caught the sunlight just nicely for a star6....

A juvenile blackbird cam down to sweep up some debris off the patio....

A coal tit with crossed mandibles made a visit to the feeders...

A great tit waiting to get to the feeders...

A blue tit was  already there, having a good feed....

A dunnock passing through, via the garden fence.....

Blackbird in a neighbours tree, checking out the feeding stations....

The dunnock made its way onto the ground to feed...

A juvenile blackbird made a feast of the mealies....

Did his mother never tell him to keep his mouth closed! LOL

The feeder by the chimera was busy, while the blackbirds were feasting on the mealies....

BTW, the pink splodges are the erysimum trying to photobomb

Once the blackbirds had moved on, the blue tits didn't waste time moving in on the mealies!

It wasn't long before the blackbirds returned to the mealies!

While the blue tits watched in hope....

More to come from today later in the week, stay safe every one.

• A few more lockdown photos from last Sunday.....

A rather hungry blackbird having feast on the mealies....

More great and blue tits feasting on the mealies....

Bottoms awaaaaaayyyy....

A perfect shape....

A blackbird comes in to photobomb, or just plain bomb a blue tit feeding!

Stay safe every one.

• lol Mike, great sequence of photos !
  • Great Photos Mike so clear and sharp, and a really good selection
  • A lovely collection, Mike. You can always count on the regulars, Blackbirds, Dunnocks, the Tit family, etc., to provide some entertainment and photo ops. Hope your retirement comes through so you can enjoy the garden in spring with Mrs Peak Rambler. And fingers crossed we have a lovely spring, especially if we may still be confined then in the interest of protecting everyone until a huge majority have had the vaccine.
  • Unknown said:
    lol Mike, great sequence of photos !

Thank you Hazel