Sunrises and Sunsets 2021: share your photos here

Last years thread provided lots of interesting and colourful photos, so I thought we'd carry it on, but for 2021. The link to last years thread: "Sunrises and Sunsets 2020; Share your photos here" if you're interested in looking back.

The photos don't all have to be of the sun rising or setting, they can be dusk, reflections from the sun in the colours that are often cast on objects.

I've a few to kickstart this years thread off, and look forward to seeing every one's contributions through the year.

New Years Day got off to a grizzly start, cloudy, drizzle and generally yuk, but the following day, we had a decent sunrise, and the colours rendered on surrounding objects just made the cold morning, pleasant.

The sunrise just kept giving, but that is the bonus of the countryside rather than an urban sunrise...

Please, feel free to share your photos here.

• The day was initially forecast to be cloudy with showers, but the start was far from that, not too much cloud cover, dry and possibly a decent sunrise piccie, or two....

I felt it was high time my Star 6 filter had an airing....

and no filer....

• BenjiS said:

That's a lovely colour, and nice to see you joining the themed threads, of which we have quite a few. Thumbsup

• More rare photos of a 2021 urban sunrise!

I got all excited, a sunrise! Grinning

And the glow over the pond

Needless to say, the sun didn't stop for long, the morning soon turned battleship grey.....

• Although I've already posted this on the Leighton Moss thread, it's such a lovely sunrise thought it was worth posting here too.

including a murmuration of lapwings. ! 

• Not sure if I've done any this year... better late than never lol... a couple from this morning, one out the front door, the second when I saw how spectacular it was, and ran (yes...RAN!!) up two flights of stairs

• Unknown said:

Although I've already posted this on the Leighton Moss thread, it's such a lovely sunrise thought it was worth posting here too.

including a murmuration of lapwings. ! 

A lovely evening sunset Hazel, complete with roosting lapwings.

• I think a very successful year considering the weather and lack of sun many of us have had this year, so thank you to all, no matter how small or big your contribution has been.

If you still have any outstanding sunrise and/or sunset photos from 2021, please continue to add them here, and any we manage to capture during 2022 can be added to the new thread, details at the end.

One last sunset for 2021 from me, snapped on my way home from N Wales, a Shropshire Sunset

The thread for 2022 is Sunrises and Sunsets 2022: share your photos here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/278689/sunrises-and-sunsets-2022-share-your-photos-here

• I hope you dont mind but I took pictures of the progression of the sun going down last year at Haresfield Beacon 

and turned it into a film on Vimeo a few months ago   it does have watercolour so the sunset looks blue rather than orange but I hope you enjoy watching it go down 

• Took these tonight to celebrate the Jubilee

and one more

Happy Jubilee everyone.