Some thoughts on covid 19 restrictions

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    out of interest Mike is 76 and has just been called up for his first vaccine on 28th Jan and 20th April for his 2nd jab (less than 4 miles away at a local pharmacy)

Great news, Hazel. The rollout of the vaccine seems to be going remarkably well whatever other criticisms there have been of the Government.

Even though I have been lucky enough to have had both jabs I still have to abide by the same restrictions as everyone else. I tried to go clubbing but they wouldn't let me in unless I brought my own defibrillator. 

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Lol TJ ... I get my first jab on Friday a short distance away at my Doc surgery in the village! I have booked the weekend in bed with room service! Haha

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• LOL Tony !!
    the problem with lockdown is I' don't feel anywhere near as fit with only walking very locally for about an hour (instead of many hours on the various nature reserves or coastline) ; I don't have much to do at home except take the vacuum round for the 4th time in a day so I am trying to keep occupied baking cakes and scones for Mike as freezer is already full of frozen fresh meals !! Might have to stick the radio or "Alexa" on and dance my way round the apartment to lose some weight LOL

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    Lol TJ ... I get my first jab on Friday a short distance away at my Doc surgery in the village! I have booked the weekend in bed with room service! Haha

Great news Wendy, I managed to get Ron booked in for first jab on Friday too, 15h52. Apparantly one guy doing a jab every 4 minutes. It's a 30 minute drive but that's local for us. The 2nd is booked too, just hope they don't run out of vaccine.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• I shall think of him H as I get mine at 15.00 but no info yet about how long a wait for second one!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I had a text at 10.10pm on Sat inviting me to book an appointment for Sun afternoon. My first thought was its a scam as I tried googling the link on a laptop rather than phone, but it never appeared in any type of search. I then followed the link in the text on my phone and got through to the booking form straight away. I was offered 3.45pm on Sun afternoon at a centre about 15mls away. Arrived 15min early as suggested to an absolutely packed car park with a queue of about 60/80 people around 3 sides of the car park. No Covid Marshall in sight and no one staying in their car as the booking tells you to do. Stood in the cold for 2.5hrs outside until my turn to join the queue inside, 30mins later on our way home after having sat for 15mins to make sure no side effects. Second appointment beginning of March, again on a Sun. Think I've been very lucky as under 70 but on the CEVP list but a little worried now as I had the Pfizer vaccine as I'd hoped for but information today from research in Israel saying single dose only seems to up to 35% cover and the second dose really boosts the full immune response, wait and see if it stands up and if our Govt will then decrease the time between doses to get more people fully protected.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• In reply to tony:

I'd personally prefer the Pfizer one to AZ, but would take any offered. I definitely wouldn't worry though. The biggest issue is how long the immunity/resistance lasts after the vaccination. That, and how much mutation goes on while most of the World is unvaccinated and partially vaccinated. That process is likely to be speeded up unnaturally I'd have thought.

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    I shall think of him H as I get mine at 15.00 but no info yet about how long a wait for second one!

Didn't get my jab ... my history of allergic reactions too great for them to risk it!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Oh dear, that's a shame, Wendy. You're just going to have remain extra careful as I'm sure you already are.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• So sorry to hear that Wendy, which vaccine were you scheduled for as I thought the OxfordAZ was better for people with allergies rather than the Pfizer one. I know you are self isolating anyway but that was a disappointing outcome for you :(         Just listening to Boris update at the moment and update on the new variant news which is concerning.   

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"